Why not ipad mini for fc40

Reaction score
Just been reading how to boost the signal from my iphone to my camera with a wifi booster and some people have suggested using tablets as they have a better wifi signal.just been reading over the intructions and DJI state (Recommended: iPhone4s, iPhone5 or above, iPod Touch4, iPod Touch5; Available
but not recommended: iPAD3, iPAD4, iPAD mini.). Anybody know why they dont recommend using an ipad mini, seems daft to buy a kindle when i all ready have something similar. cheers guys

leekiya said:
Just been reading how to boost the signal from my iphone to my camera with a wifi booster and some people have suggested using tablets as they have a better wifi signal.just been reading over the intructions and DJI state (Recommended: iPhone4s, iPhone5 or above, iPod Touch4, iPod Touch5; Available
but not recommended: iPAD3, iPAD4, iPAD mini.). Anybody know why they dont recommend using an ipad mini, seems daft to buy a kindle when i all ready have something similar. cheers guys
My guess is that apple cheaped out on the wifi with the mini. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that apples wifi on phones and tablets has never been the greatest?

I'm going to do some tests for everyone tonight.
i am going to test the camera with multiple devices i have around the house to see how far each one will go before losing signal
here is what will be tested.
iphone 4, 4s, and 5s
ipad 3
ipad 4
ipad mini
samsung galaxy s3
samsung note 3
Nexus 7 (1st generation)
Nexus 7 (second generation)

Im very interested in the results between the iphone 4s , ipad mini. and the nexus. i will look forward to your results.

backcountrymedic said:
iPad mini with Retina display has multiple wifi antennas. May have better luck with that over the 1st gen mini.

the multiple antennas in the retina will not make a difference because the fc40 isn't MIMO capable

The ipad mini works for FPV but isn't great, the range limitation makes it not worth the effort imo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20