why no-fly in high humidity?

Reaction score
Just curious--what's the rationale behind DJI's caution to avoid flying the P2 if the relative humidity is above 80%?

Maybe condensation inside phantom, all that moisture on electronic parts cant be good

Sana

80%!
I guess we in Michigan and Florida should almost never fly....

Happyflyer said:
80%!

100% today!

Been raining since 1pm or so. :cry:

N017RW said:
Happyflyer said:
80%!

100% today!

Been raining since 1pm or so. :cry:
You would love the baseball cap I had a street vendor sew for me when I was in Florida in 2002. Drought broke and I had 14 days of nothing but rain. Hour after hour of nothing but rain. Never went back.
Hat reads: FLORIDA, The Rain State. :)

canadavenyc said:
Just curious--what's the rationale behind DJI's caution to avoid flying the P2 if the relative humidity is above 80%?

To answer your question - high humidity - it affects the barometric sensor and "could affect" hover

It's not the barometer per se...
Humid air is less dense so a/c performance suffers.

N017RW said:
It's not the barometer per se...
Humid air is less dense so a/c performance suffers.

Yes, the altimeter assumes the altitude at takeoff is zero, so the effect of humidity on the altimeter is minimal unless the humidity changes dramatically during the flight.

Humid air is less dense, but flying here in Central Florida, I haven't noticed much of an effect on the performance of my P2V. Of course, I'm starting at sea level. The effect may be more pronounced at higher altitudes where the air is less dense to begin with.

-- Roger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers