Why is there movement in the camera gimbal?

Reaction score
I've noticed on my videos that when I do a straight run with my copter, and then come to a stop, there is a noticeable (and aggravating) movement in the camera gimbal .. Why is that? Sure wrecks an even video shot, as you end the run with a bounce in the picture.. A way to see how this works is to turn the copter on, then hold it level.. Now tilt the copter, you can hear the motor in the gimbal turning the camera.. Why is that? Even if you use the app to lift the camera up as high as it will go.. If you tilt the copter by hand, you hear the motor turning the gimbal.. Shouldn't it stay in the position as set on the app.. ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISEAmXG ... e=youtu.be

Ok,
I'll reply. The camera gimbal on the phantom 2 Vision are
SELF-LEVELING! ( it is supposed to do that )

Example:
You are filming the front of your car and you are 8 feet in the air and just hovering in one spot,
Then a wind blows at the front of the phantom, pushing it back, the phantom will move to correct the pitch
Of the wind, but your video will still be level and smooth !
That is why it moves! If it stayed LOCKED every time phantom would move
Your video would move as well.

Hope this helps!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Thanks, Jerry.. I figured it was normal, but it sure can muck up a smooth shot.. Every time you start or stop a run, the camera bobs up and down..

I know what you mean, you just need to adjust
Your way of flying a bit, try coming to a smoother stop, ( start your stop a bit earlier, and ease into the stop, no sudden or drastic movements ) keep your movement slow and minimal, same starting start slow and gradually gain momentum , for smoother shots, I spend a lot of time doing slow steady maneuvers ( very slow speed maneuvers ) like rotating around myself, keeping camea facing me, stuff like that, I've improved dramatically, in a short time, just doing basic maneuvers! Practice-practice-practice! Before long you will be as smooth as ice!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4