Why is the video so distorted?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can you tell me why the final video is so distorted when I'm turning the AC camera around?

This is Phantom 3 Advanced

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi guys,

Can you tell me why the final video is so distorted when I'm turning the AC camera around?

Wow made me eyes funny,,,,bad alright,,camera clean ay,,,,some sort or fish eye effect,,tried playing with cam settings,,,must be something on this,,have seen before but not know about it

So what do I do to fix it?
Gosh I'm sorry I not seen that effect before so not sure,,true utube search for fisheye....see if it the same,,,there must be a clip on this ,,no other posts on this unless someone knows something to help or has had this happen,,,,I go look on utube now

Gosh I'm sorry I not seen that effect before so not sure,,true utube search for fisheye....see if it the same,,,there must be a clip on this ,,no other posts on this unless someone knows something to help or has had this happen,,,,I go look on utube now
I just Google search phantoms with fisheye problems and few utube clips came up so go have a look get some ideas

Hi guys,

1493255451969-877446374.jpg
sorry for bad picture

That's with P2; you'll note the one in the centre says "Phantom 3 Pro, NO jello, fish eye or horizontal issues"!
HI that was as far as I looked,,,was busy on something else,,was trying to point him in right direction,,I never seen camera vision like it:)

It looks like the sensor isn't refreshing correctly, might be a faulty camera, have you had a crash recently ?

Is that direct from the recording and no manipulating? I ask as it seems to be incredibly wide angled?
HI I been following this post so I can learn what that is,,,since you mention it is very wide,,I been on utube,,uncle Google to try find result for (itrocks4u) but can't find zilch...

There's nothing fisheye at all about this and doing something to remove fisheye won't fix it..
The second part of the video is free of the problem.
Yep, you're totally correct - I didn't bother looking past 15 seconds. At 21 it pops back to the normal (correct) size and the distortion disappears.

The heck :) @itrocks4u how did you changed the aspect ratio in the video mode ? It is steady 16:9. Just the pictures taking mode allows both the 16:9 or 4:3 mode. What Go app version are you using ? iOS or Android ?

Yep, you're totally correct - I didn't bother looking past 15 seconds. At 21 it pops back to the normal (correct) size and the distortion disappears.
So is this caused by to wide camera view in settings,,good to know for future reference

The heck :) @itrocks4u how did you changed the aspect ratio in the video mode ? It is steady 16:9. Just the pictures taking mode allows both the 16:9 or 4:3 mode. What Go app version are you using ? iOS or Android ?
LOL I'm not sure what you but in GoPro Studio on PC when editing the video, it gives the option of 16:9

LOL I'm not sure what you but in GoPro Studio on PC when editing the video, it gives the option of 16:9

Well, then your video isn't the genuine file from the bird's SD card, but a further processed material by some video editing sw, where anything may happen...
Since I see you're pretty new on this forum, my suggestion is don't raise here questions about drone recorded material (pics or videos) that has being further manipulated by specific sw. Fair enough ?

Well, then your video isn't the genuine file from the bird's SD card, but a further processed material by some video editing sw, where anything may happen...
Since I see you're pretty new on this forum, my suggestion is don't raise here questions about drone recorded material (pics or videos) that has being further manipulated by specific sw. Fair enough ?

No sure i understand what you mean. I did a search before posting and wanted to understand. Thanks for your help though! Time to post another newbie question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31