Why is my video not smooth?

Reaction score
Video used to be so smooth. Now it's not smooth almost like a its missing something if that makes sense. Worse on 1080 60 than 1080 30. My first post here. I'm new to the forum. I have had my Phantom less than 30 days if it needs to be sent back. Thank you.

BusterM said:
Video used to be so smooth. Now it's not smooth almost like a its missing something if that makes sense. Worse on 1080 60 than 1080 30. My first post here. I'm new to the forum. I have had my Phantom less than 30 days if it needs to be sent back. Thank you.

What size/speed is your memory card? How many files are on the card? If the card is <Class 10/UHFC, get a Class 10/UHFC card. If the card is partially full, copy the files to your computer and format it from within the Vision+ app.

Just a guess .... look at the settings in the DJI app on your phone (or whatever screen you use).
About halfway down there is an item for FPV mode.
If it is ticked (green) your video will be more jerky with flight changes.
If it is unticked (grey) the video will be smoother.

When is it not smooth?
Recording or playback? If recording, change faster card. If playback, copy the file to computer and try a different player.
Try VLC as its less resource hungry.

It could be the computer you are viewing it on, and some phones can't deal 1080HD video either.
I have an early windows 7 laptop with 4GB of RAM which only plays 1080p jerkily because the graphics card is not fast enough.
Try recording in 720p - there isn't that much difference on most screens anyway.

Phanton v2+ newbie said:
Can anyone suggest good camera settings to use for best fpv quality/range and recording

FPV 640 x 480 at 15 fps.
Recording is subjective. I like 720 60 fps. Some like 1080p narrow.

Thank you for all the help. Re formatted my card and pulled the video off onto my desktop. Seems like things are smooth again!

My Vision+ has the same problem. Ive tried formating the SD card no difference, changed record settings from 1080-640... no difference. Not sure if the camera is getting some efi... camera cable seems ok, no camera tilt issues, no weird noises coming from camera ir gimble.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31