Why is my P3P only recording 30mbps in 4k?

Reaction score
I've been flying my P3P for months in 4k and it has been recording in 60mbps. My app did update itself recently (no idea how that happened). So I finally took it down to Florida on vacation and captured some awesome ocean and beach footage. Then, when I got home to view it, I noticed the file sizes are smaller than average and upon checking the video info, it captured everything in 30mbps. To say I'm a little upset is an understatement. I checked the setting in the DJI Go app and everything looks correct. Any ideas?

Here's a screenshot of one of the video properties:

QOZdO9G.jpg

Thanks.

I had that problem after doing the prior to this last firmware upgrade. Ended up loading the older firmware again and then repeated the upgrade. That solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think the camera ever recorded 4k in 60fps.

Not frames per second, but megabits per second.

I have never upgraded the firmware on my P3P. I only use the iPad for flying and don't know how it updated to the newest software, but it did. I'm beyond floored that it only captured at 30mbps.

I had that problem after doing the prior to this last firmware upgrade. Ended up loading the older firmware again and then repeated the upgrade. That solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
OP, try this. I have the latest firmware and just checked my videos shot yesterday, and they are 60Mbps. I didn't have this issue but I can vouch it isn't the firmware itself.

I thought I would bring this back up for discussion. I upgraded the firmware on my P3 Pro and updated to the latest DJI software on my iPad and I've been recording in 60 mbps ever since. However, just recently my P3 Pro, for no good reason, decided to go back and record in 30 mbps. I have not updated my firmware or the DJI software. This is really getting old, as I took a 3 hour trip to my parents and filmed a ton of footage of their property, only to find out the quality is lacking. Anyone else run into this? Any permanent fix?

I had that problem 6 months ago as a result of a firmware upgrade. Just downgraded and then upgraded again - that ended up fixing the problem for me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic