Why does the P2 flash quick green twice?

Reaction score
So I've noticed it flashes (approximately 7) quick green flashes at first, then another series of green shortly after.

My question is, why does it flash the first time?

I unfortunately just got to know that the second flashes are the one that matter as my Phantom 2 set it's home point above a general store, and of course, it's battery had to die on this flight...
I very likely won't have access to the roof/copter until the store opens on Friday.

I was told it is HL & 2nd set is HP. At least while it is setting on ground while warming up.

It's probably better to go for something more reliable than "I was told ..."
From the manual ...
Slow green flashing - more than 6 GPS sats have been found - Ready to fly
After successfully recording the home point, rear flight indicators blink fast green

Meta4 said:
From the manual ...
After successfully recording the home point, rear flight indicators blink fast green

He seems to be seeing two sets of rapid greens (at least that's how I'm interpreting it)

I have seen this before when I get sat lock and then lose a satellite and regain lock...

Did it ever flash red after you got the initial rapid green?

Meta4 said:
From the manual ...
Sorry wasn't trying to be evasive or anything. That is just what I read over on the other post & have been previously told by a technician, What both quick flashing green meant. You are right , I could of linked the other thread or used more precise info. I appreciate the help with this bird.

Buckaye said:
Meta4 said:
From the manual ...

He seems to be seeing two sets of rapid greens (at least that's how I'm interpreting it)

I have seen this before when I get sat lock and then lose a satellite and regain lock...

What I thought was when it is on ground & goes through startup sequence. It will have two rapid green flashes few sequences apart. That is what I think OP is referring to.

Buckaye said:
Meta4 said:
From the manual ...

What I thought was when it is on ground & goes through startup sequence. It will have two rapid green flashes few sequences apart. That is what I think OP is referring to.

It is possible to get both sets back-to-back in one long(er) sequence.

For me though typically it takes a few more seconds after the heading direction is stored to get GPS lock so I see two distinct sets.

This is further illustrated by seeing the red-green sequencing showing the # of GPS SVs aquired between the two sets.

N017RW said:
This is further illustrated by seeing the red-green sequencing showing the # of GPS SVs aquired between the two sets.

Now im really confused, is this a NAZA mode thing as opposed to a Phantom mode thing, ive just been outside and after turning on the P2V in Phantom mode all i get is 1 set of flashing green lights after about 1 minute and then it just blinks green from then on.

crash1sttime said:
N017RW said:

Now im really confused, is this a NAZA mode thing as opposed to a Phantom mode thing, ive just been outside and after turning on the P2V in Phantom mode all i get is 1 set of flashing green lights after about 1 minute and then it just blinks green from then on.

You MAY be OK. once airborne dbl. check for HL whilst in a hover about 10 feet up by flicking the S2 (left switch) rapidly 5 times. You should get flashing green lights indicting HL

crash1sttime said:
N017RW said:

I am not sure, I am in Naza mode. I quickly looked in the phantom vision summery guide but it did not state if it was Naza only. Hopefully someone that knows more will chime in. Do you have the summery guide? I sent you a pm. If you don't have it, it is floating around the site. Tons of info! Page 11 explains start up procedure & what to expect.

As I understand ...in order to get both sets of green quick flashes, IOC has to be set up in the assistant software. First set is recording direction for course lock. Second set is for home lock. I also understand they are not actually recorded until the rotors are started. So, if you get both sets of green flashes but don't start rotors and carry quad to a different location, then start rotors...that is the recorded home point....not where you powered up the Phantom

also, not all Phantoms can reset HL while flying. It depends on what software version you're on

Well here is my lights, ive cut the full video down from 3 minutes or so.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HZIcMF7MeBQ[/youtube]

cant get link to show

http://youtu.be/HZIcMF7MeBQ

Just to be accurate, im a novice and in phantom mode.

that explains that then, ive still got my training wheels on which is why my light set is different.

Must get a grip of Naza lights so i dont accidentally fly with no sat lock

The P1 normally does two sets of quick flashes after it's done warming up. I don't see why the P2 would be any different. Like the guy above me said, it does that to check the orientation and set it's home position. Either way, you want to wait until you get both sets of flashes.

crash1sttime said:
that explains that then, ive still got my training wheels on which is why my light set is different.

Must get a grip of Naza lights so i dont accidentally fly with no sat lock

Really, in Naza you just have so many more options & have more of a chance of recovery if it gets too far out from you. As long as you have gps lock, when you have Naza & IOC turned on. Say your phantom gets too far out & you can't tell which way it is heading, you flip the S2 switch all the way down & no matter which way it is facing, it will heAd straight back to you if you just hold the right stick all the way back or down. . Just make sure you are high enough or nothing in between as you will hit an obstacle if it is between you & your phantom. Just a word of advice, do not set S1 switch to manual in the bottom position.
Just do some reading & you will decide when it is time for you.
Larry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers