Why does my phantom wobble like this (video)

Reaction score
For whatever reason when I'm in forward flight with my drone turned 90 degrees to either my left or my right my right my P4 gets this weird little wobble, almost like I've had a mid air or bumped into something. Check out the video at the .21 mark and take a look. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Know what is causing it and how to remedy? Its does this on a regular basis.

I've also had this same thing happen to my P4. It usually happens more often if I'm in the sports mode in forward motion. It scary every time it does it. I'm thinking it's just wind but my P3S never had this dipping affect and I had a lot of hours on it. Thanks for posting this, I thought I was only one!

I agree, nice to know I'm not alone. Interesting that your P3 never did this. Oh yeah, my heart skips a beat every time thinking I'm going down.

When you fly sideways (pan) against the wind the force becomes to much for the gimbal motors to maintain position, what you see is the gimbal loosing it for a second not the craft. This has happened to me many times without any damage (so far) to the gimbal. This is normal when the wind force is stronger than those tiny gimbal motors. The remedy is to slow down when panning in the wind.

Reactions: Opfor
That does indeed make the most sense. I"m sure I'm flying in S mode as well which would cause twice the amount of speed, thus air to contact that gimbal. Probably will not happen in P mode since you can only achieve about 22mph. Really appreciate the post

Another good point. It has been a long time since I've done one of those anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj