Why does my phantom 3 suddenly start swinging side to side and crashes on the ground,

Reaction score
I have summit prop gourds on it, could this be the problem, I just bought it. 2 outta 3 times I've flown it it did this, and broke the gaurds, I read the screws they give you Pierce motor wires, anybody else have this problem? Thanks

Do you do the compass calibration before your flight? Also you may want to to an IMU calibration as well. can you post a video of what it is doing taken with your phone?

If you take the prop guards off, make sure you put the original screws back in so you don't damage the motors.

I will take them off, and put in original screws and let ya know, thanks

I do compass calibration every time. I will do a emu calibration today, and get back to you, thanks

I do compass calibration every time. I will do a emu calibration today, and get back to you, thanks
Well, if you get it sorted, please let me know how to calibrate my emu. It doesn't follow any of my instructions..
emu-456.jpg

Emu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:-D

(but seriously, I am curious if it solves your problem.. Seems indeed that it has something to do with the prop guard screws)

Lol, today it flew without a problem, I reset my friends emu when he first bought it, which made me buy on, I had a cx-20, didn't like it and sent back to amazon, so far I'm 2 for 4 good flights. I've had many helicopters before this, so not totally new. I will take some kind of action if it happens again. I thank everyone, and will post what I find

I reset the imu, not emu. And put back on my stock props instead of 9445 carbon fibers and it's doin great. Thanks all. One more thing, does anyone think they will make P3 standard mod to fly fpv with googles. Think that would be great

Been discussed before, but I doubt it with the P4 already on the scene. You could get a tablet or phone with HDMI out, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers