Why does my Ph4 land slowly at night

Reaction score
While filming at night at 3-400 feet, it decreases very slowly at night until it hits level of street light then drops quickly. Slow is 2-3 seconds a foot.

Also why do images i.e. fireworks look so small when I'm only 400 feet away. They look a mile away.

Camera set at automatic settings. Flying in P mode

Thanks

Last edited:
If you are talking 400 light years you have to admit that is a long ways.:D

Reactions: Pharm
Flew again for last night's fireworks in next town over, turned off VPS, landed perfectly without slow decent.

Take of and landing required manual controls with VPS. My first manual landing. Went well.

Flew much closer to get the shot, looked fantastic. Though thinking I was in the middle of them, the images still seemed distant.

Thanks, other than filters, are there lens options available. Or settings, like in the Gopro, that change fields of view.

That I don't know. However, keep in mind that, like a GoPro, any changes in field of view are "digital" zooms, not optical zooms. This means that the software simply discards the outer part of the image, rather than actually zooming in. This gives the appearance of zooming but, as a friend if mine would say, it's totally illusory. If you take a video and edit it on the computer so that you only have the center part of it, you've changed the field of view after the fact but you've really done nothing but discard part of the image. It will LOOK zoomed in but it will show the pixels more easily and not be as sharp. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Healthcarewkrrn
That I don't know. However, keep in mind that, like a GoPro, any changes in field of view are "digital" zooms, not optical zooms. This means that the software simply discards the outer part of the image, rather than actually zooming in. This gives the appearance of zooming but, as a friend if mine would say, it's totally illusory. If you take a video and edit it on the computer so that you only have the center part of it, you've changed the field of view after the fact but you've really done nothing but discard part of the image. It will LOOK zoomed in but it will show the pixels more easily and not be as sharp. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks, that does make sense. I'm sure with more experience my videos will improve. My second fireworks show was exponentially better than the first.

Reactions: Pharm and Bckmstr
Thanks, that does make sense. I'm sure with more experience my videos will improve. My second fireworks show was exponentially better than the first.

thanks for sharing as I really enjoyed it , music was perfect , nicely done ...I had to go to work just as they were starting here so I missed out filming this years works...

Reactions: Healthcarewkrrn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj