Why does Litchi need to know who I am talking to on my phone?

Reaction score
DJI Go is getting pretty creepy, so I thought I'd check out Litchi. Not as bad, but.. my phone calls? Why? WTF?

I think it is just so that it can acknowledge there is a call and to not let it interrupt your mission, or let it pass through to you, but ultimately, to not let it interfere with your mission. I'm not an expert, but makes sense to me.

Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number of a connected call

I still can't find a valid reason for this. Anyone?

I still can't find a valid reason for this. Anyone?

Mike,

I think it's most likely a requirement through the SDK but your phone info provides validation that you have purchased and are authorized to use Litchi. That's my best guess anyway.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry.

I very much doubt the creators of Litchi have any use or desire to know who I talk to on my phone, but it's just one of those things that makes me scratch my head and say, huh?

And I fly with a Shield K1, which is WiFi only, so it's actually a non-issue in my case. Mostly just curious.

As a computer guy from a ways back, it still amazes me how much of what we always called spyware/malware are now called apps that people install without a second thought.

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers