Why do sellers lie about shipping?

Reaction score
You buy a product, you wait a half day or maybe to the next, and you get an Email your item shipped. The seller even gave you a tracking number so they know you may check on the item. Later that day, "Not Found." Late that night, :Not Found." The next morning, "Not Found." Late that day, "Not Found." Very late that day: "Item received at:(where ever)" Don't say it is because of the delay in the system. I can take a package to the post office and have tracking on it, drive 10 minutes to my house, check the number, and there it is. Less than 10 minutes. UPS or FedEx (or for some FedUp) hands me a package and by the time I open it and check tracking, it states delivered and the time and where.
So this tells you the seller is not telling you the truth. Why do they do that????
It just ticks you off and makes you think should I buy from them again?

Some of them consider it 'shipped' when the order is processed and effectively ready to be picked up I guess.

It's worse when couriers claim to have tried to deliver when you know for sure they did not because you waited about all day for them.
A few of them are doing this recently I think it makes their figures look better if they supposedly tried to deliver on the correct day.

What's annoying is that the optimistic info means you then have to wait about on another day.
They ought to realise that delivery is not going to happen on the first claimed day - and let you know as soon as possible.
I've even seen completely fictitious notes like "card left at white door" on the tracking page (door is brown!)
Then when you contact them because you are worried they tried the wrong house the story changes to "Sorry the van broke down" - liars!

dirkclod said:
Calm down happy ,they will be here soon ;)
Oh, this is not anything current. This is shipping over months and years of collecting my house and two pole barns full of "stuff." :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31