Why can't I change exposure value in Manual Mode?

D

DrewFlies

I remember on older version of DJI Pilot App you were able to control the EV manually. Now it automatically changes itself without the option of changing it. Even when I have selected advance settings and manual mode. It basically tells me if the picture is over exposed or under exposed without the option of changing it now.

Any advice?

Yes, the Phantom 3 camera controls are very basic. They are sufficient, for what they do. Spending more money on a dslr, will give you plenty of options. But you would need a much bigger drone, to carry that sort of heavy payload.

RedHotPoker

I should have written "basic photography knowledge". In manual mode, there is no reason to use EV compensation dial as the exposure "compensation" is achieved using the ISO or the shutter speed setting.
Photography itself is somewhat "basic" (using a high end DSLR or the P3 doesn't change anything to this fact) : the correct amount of light has to reach the sensor to have your subject exposed correctly. And to do this, you have 3 controls on DSLR (2 on the Phantom) : aperture (fixed f/2,8 on the P3), shutter speed and sensitivity (ISO).
Keeping in mind low shutter speeds will lead to blurred images and high ISO will lead to noisy images you have to choose to correct mix between the 2.
EV compensation is a way to change exposure decided by the electronics auto mode... which is, most of time incorrect if you have ground and sky on the same scene.

I should have written "basic photography knowledge". In manual mode, there is no reason to use EV compensation dial as the exposure "compensation" is achieved using the ISO or the shutter speed setting.
Photography itself is somewhat "basic" (using a high end DSLR or the P3 doesn't change anything to this fact) : the correct amount of light has to reach the sensor to have your subject exposed correctly. And to do this, you have 3 controls on DSLR (2 on the Phantom) : aperture (fixed f/2,8 on the P3), shutter speed and sensitivity (ISO).
Keeping in mind low shutter speeds will lead to blurred images and high ISO will lead to noisy images you have to choose to correct mix between the 2.
EV compensation is a way to change exposure decided by the electronics auto mode... which is, most of time incorrect if you have ground and sky on the same scene.

Salute. very well explained in few words.

One of the best posts on the topic i have seen so far. Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4