Why Autolanding Before 10%

Reaction score
I'm having an issue that at 12-13%m the drone starts autolanding, then stops autolanding then starts again until the battery hits 10% the completes autolanding.

Why is this autolanding at 12-13% when critical battery is set to 10%

This is a new issue that hasn't happened before.

A

00m 00s 0.7 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 05m 26s 295.6 ft 111 ft Mode Mode changed to NaviGo
C 07m 55s 298.6 ft 38 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
D 11m 18s 241.1 ft 543 ft Mode Mode changed to Sport
E 13m 23s 273.9 ft 269 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F 13m 52s 277.2 ft 136 ft Mode Mode changed to Sport
G 14m 00s 276.9 ft 225 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
H 17m 35s 278.5 ft 40 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
I 17m 38s 271.0 ft 40 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
J 17m 50s 267.1 ft 41 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
K 17m 55s 233.3 ft 42 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
L 18m 03s 232.6 ft 41 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
M 18m 51s 0.0 ft 4 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti

After some more flying this is happening on ALL BATTERIES at 13%. It starts giving you Auto Land Tap to Cancel this goes on over and over until I hit 10% then it lands. One big issue I have with this is it KICKS YOU OUT OF YOUR LITCHI Waypoint mission. So at 13% the mission ends, bird hovers and begins to land in place. You better hope your close enough to gain control.

This seems to have started since I upgraded the controller firmware....has anyone else with the new firmware had this issue.

I've checked all settings and nothing has changed...

After some more flying this is happening on ALL BATTERIES at 13%. It starts giving you Auto Land Tap to Cancel this goes on over and over until I hit 10% then it lands. One big issue I have with this is it KICKS YOU OUT OF YOUR LITCHI Waypoint mission. So at 13% the mission ends, bird hovers and begins to land in place. You better hope your close enough to gain control.
If you are still flying at 13% you are in risky territory anyway.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you are still flying at 13% you are in risky territory anyway.
I understand that but yesterday I was on my way back and 900 feet out when this happened and almost lost the bird. It stopped dead and started to land. I now have tested 5 batteries and it seems to only be doing this on the Litchi app and not DJI.

Have you done the "Deep cycle" to calibrate your batteries? It is supposed to be done after every 20 flights (On the battery not the craft) to give a better battery reading.

Check your settings. You may have it set to wuto land at 10% maybe the bird is set to land at 13% through the dji app and you have the lichi setting telling it to auto land at 10%

WRC+DJI= A Thing of Beauty

Have you done the "Deep cycle" to calibrate your batteries? It is supposed to be done after every 20 flights (On the battery not the craft) to give a better battery reading.
Don't have more then 20 flights on any of the batteries, only had P4 a few weeks...Also I've updated that it's only doing it in Litchi App not DJI

I understand that but yesterday I was on my way back and 900 feet out when this happened and almost lost the bird. It stopped dead and started to land.
Please upload one of your Litchi logs here and post a link back here. This might make more sense if we are able to see your entire flight log rather than go by your description of what you think happened.

You have an interesting problem to look into.

What happens if you fly with DJI Go App and reach 13% battery level?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It is possible that you have one cell in the pack approaching critically low voltage at 13% charge level.

And yes it could be all five. The happening in litchi and not GO app could simply be explained by litchi mission pushing the AC harder than when you fly manually causing a greater sag in voltage.

The lower the state of charge of a pack the greater any cell imbalances tend to be and the higher he chance one will dip to critical low voltage. The dicontinuance of the mission and autoland is the firmware attempting to avoid the AC falling out if the sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31