Why are my videos not caching on my iPad anymore?

Reaction score
My iPad used to always record a 720p version of all my flight videos automatically when ever I was in record mode. I could go into "editor" in the Go App and there was a low quality copy of every video I ever recorded. I never used this of course for my finished video but it was nice to have to review my video while in flight or if the drone ever crashed I could review the last video sent to the iPad and see where it may have landed.
For some odd reason, I noticed today that it hasn't saved a video since Sept.
the old videos are all still there back to January, but none after Sept. there's lots of room left on the iPad and I want to know if this is happening to others.

P3P
iPad Air 2 (64 gig)

No Apple experience here, but on Android, there is a setting in the Go app to "Cache Video". Hunt for that setting and make sure it is on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Your iPad is full. Walk through all the settings, it tells you it's full and you need to clear it out. No apparent warning that I've seen. It just stops recording.

It st
Your iPad is full. Walk through all the settings, it tells you it's full and you need to clear it out. No apparent warning that I've seen. It just stops recording.
It still has 29 Gigs free out of 64, but I guess I'll have to try deleting the old ones to see if that helps. I'm glad to hear it's only me. That means I should be able to fix it.

Yeah,
Take a look of usage of all your apps, see what dji go is using up. (if you haven't)
Restart your iPad.
Would this failure be related to timing of some crApple update or Dji update?

I got one more thought, turn caching off, reboot, turn caching on, reboot, then try it.

If still doesn't work you need some bigger boots! ;)

Rod

Reactions: JohnnyB
It's fixed!!! Thanks to all! You were kind of all correct. I shut off "cache videos", then deleted all the old ones and exited the app. I then re-opened it and turned cache videos back on and it works like a charm! I guess ten months of videos is a bit much to cache even though it still had more storage available. It's fixed!
Thanks to everyone for your help!!

Reactions: Cadbob
Isn't there also a setting (in addition to turning cache video on/off) to limit the size of the cache?
Or am I just imagining that?

Reactions: Pharm
Isn't there also a setting (in addition to turning cache video on/off) to limit the size of the cache?
Or am I just imagining that?

Yes, there is. Though it might just be to limit the size of each individual file. I changed that first and it didn't seem to help. Though Hillary Clintoning all my old files worked like a charm.

There's a setting to automatically empty the cache once it reaches a preset level/amount.
Might be a good idea to set that. That way it would delete old videos instead of NOT recording new ones.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Reactions: Pharm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20