Who's Running Linux?

Reaction score
I'm bored tonight, and figured I throw back on an install of Linux, and dual-boot. What's the latest and greatest? What are you using? Thanks!

I need this too. I want to start using Linux. If you have any suggestions please let us know

Will look on my bench at work. I had a few of latest distros.
Ubuntu is easy but I don't really like the desktop, kbuntu is ok, Debian too

Yeah, Ubuntu is pretty good for starting out. My favorite is Linux Mint, with the Cinnamon desktop.

I do Kali linux on a bootable USB with persistence built in. Kali may not be the distro you are looking for as it is a security auditing suite. Other distros support bootable USB.

Been using it for a long long time. But If you do a lot of computer "work" you'll still need a "Vindows masheen"
Yes i am using my pc a lot, but i really want to try how it works. The only thing that's worries me is that i play games a lot so i will probably try to install it on separate partition.

Yes i am using my pc a lot, but i really want to try how it works. The only thing that's worries me is that i play games a lot so i will probably try to install it on separate partition.

When you set up an Ubutu distro, it'll let you re-partition your drive (if you have enough free space) so you can install Ubuntu (Linux) alongside Windows. (You already knew this, it's for others :)

If you're going to get into all this, may I suggest BEFORE you do anything to check into CLONEZILLA?
I use it a lot and it's a great (FREE) hard disk mirroring software that is extremely handy and has saved my arse MANY times.

Cent os is a good one to try also if you want a easy install. Haven't done any dual boot on my pc usually use another box to play with so I can blow it up .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair