Whoops! Vision gimble break

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well it took a week before my first crash with minor damage. What I hit was a light post, the unit fell and the camera became free of the unit disconnecting from the plug and servo cradle. Got it back together, but notice that one side of the camera gimble pivot point a fixed plastic stud had broken off flush. Where if anywhere can you get the camera servo housing cradle without buying the whole camera, servo works, camera works any ideas?
I am up and running now, drilled out an araldited a small piece of dowl rod, actually a wooden chopstick which is working ok but a replacement on hand would be nice!

Await the gurus advice

John

jdmutton said:
Hi everyone, well it took a week before my first crash with minor damage. What I hit was a light post, the unit fell and the camera became free of the unit disconnecting from the plug and servo cradle. Got it back together, but notice that one side of the camera gimble pivot point a fixed plastic stud had broken off flush. Where if anywhere can you get the camera servo housing cradle without buying the whole camera, servo works, camera works any ideas?
I am up and running now, drilled out an araldited a small piece of dowl rod, actually a wooden chopstick which is working ok but a replacement on hand would be nice!

Await the gurus advice

John

Are the parts you are looking for located in this parts pack?
http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-19-dji-phantom-2-phantom-2-vision-upper-damping-bracket.html
If not, check out some of the other replacement parts.
Good luck.

If the photo is accurate as to what comes in the back then that's a great price and a useful find. That looks like everything you need to replace absolutely everything that sits between the camera and the aircraft, including servo. However, the price seems more appropriate for just the upper plastic bracket, rather than everything that's pictured... :?:

Pull_Up said:
If the photo is accurate as to what comes in the back then that's a great price and a useful find. That looks like everything you need to replace absolutely everything that sits between the camera and the aircraft, including servo. However, the price seems more appropriate for just the upper plastic bracket, rather than everything that's pictured... :?:

I do not believe that the servo is included with this parts pack (could be wrong). I think the black peg shown coming out of the servo bracket connects to the camera on the opposite side to the servo horn. The black bracket shown is used to secure the servo into the housing.
Still looks like a reasonably priced parts pack.

Pull_Up said:

Found what it looks like I need at helipal in HK.....ordered 2 cheap enough (DJI-Parts-PV-19)....has that black locator stump for the camera that I sheared off on impact.
Thanks guys after removing the servo motor it a relatively easy process to replace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic