Whoa - check this thing out!

malacca said:
Interesting design on the quad they are offering here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... /hoverbike

Obviously the full-size hoverbike thing is a ways away, but the ⅓ scale one they are making looks pretty nice. I guess it would take some modding to get a camera on there with FPV, but it seems like a pretty robust platform.

THIS IS AWESOME.
I love the drones they use. They look so cool!

If they don't run up against too much red tape and regulation, this could revolutionise personal transport in the near future. I wish the project every success. They based not far from me in the UK too! :)

Electric Warrior said:
If they don't run up against too much red tape and regulation, this could revolutionise personal transport in the near future. I wish the project every success. They based not far from me in the UK too! :)

Not 100% sure but I think in the US this would be classified by the FAA as a Ultralight Aircraft and in many ways be under less regulations then your multi-rotor!

The overlapping propellers is something I have not seen before. I wonder why they chose that? It must impart some sort of advantage, I guess, but I wonder what it is?

malacca said:
The overlapping propellers is something I have not seen before. I wonder why they chose that? It must impart some sort of advantage, I guess, but I wonder what it is?
Coaxial, counter rotating blades have been used for years in hobby heli's although not offset, but one above the other.

3Counter-rota_blades.jpg

Would have love to of been one of the first 10 to get a third scale for cheap!

malacca said:
Size :?:

It is going to be somewhat awkward to pitch forward and back to speed up and slowdown. Imagine slamming on the brakes, you'll pitch back like 45 degrees...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj