Who is currently grounded and why?

Reaction score
As some may remember I flew my Fantom into a small lake about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I lost the camera and battery. Replaced them and it was flying again but it didn't seem to have the steady lock in the air it once had. About 2 weeks ago I got my Rotorpixal Gimbal and had a couple of test flights. The first in a fairly high wind so the somewhat erratic behavior was dismissed. The next morning in calm winds it again flew badly. Climbing and going off to one side. I decided to take it apart again to inspect it. I found on close observation the shell had a series of cracks in it. I ordered a new shell and in the mean time re cleaned internal connectors and motors. I found some light rusting in the motors BTW. Got the new shell in and put it all back together, calibrated and flew. It was worse! It tried to climb very quickly by itself and Spinning so I ended up crashing it on purpose into a small tree in my yard to keep it from leaving or worse, crashing on the pavement. Lost a prop and one motor came apart! No other damage. So I've been grounded trying to decide my next move.

I ended up ordering a P2V craft only for $499.00. When it comes in I will test it first, and if all is well mount the gimbal/camera on it and hopefully get back in the air!

I suspect water got into the NAZA MC unit and possibly caused some damage that appeared to get worse with time. I may try swapping the MC later to see about fixing the first one. If that works I'll also buy new motors.

Geo

jimre said:
I'm grounded because the weather SUCKS!
This.

I've had my Phantom for almost 2 weeks and only had about 4 decent days.
More rain expected 8 of the next 10 days :roll:

April showers bring May showers apparently...

I'm grounded until my new replacement gets here Tuesday.
My P2V+ had a malfunctioning barometer. Luckily I purchased it from DDM! They handled all the communication with dji for me and replaced it with a brand new one!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Weather is bollocks ... my cat passed away after 2.5 years on chemo, ..... sh*tloads of work .... and havent fitted my rotorpixel yet either ... so all in all been crap couple of weeks. :evil:

Weather :(

Attachments

• dang.jpg
    dang.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 570
Dealing with a 8mm kidney stone, had laser lithotripsy two days ago, finally stopped peeing blood, starting to cut back on the oxy.

KG4MXV said:
Dealing with a 8mm kidney stone, had laser lithotripsy two days ago, finally stopped peeing blood, starting to cut back on the oxy.

Funny you mention that, I also have an 8mm kidney stone. I had normal lithotripsy for it 10 years ago but its still there. Peeing blood after it is most unpleasant!!

They are just going to leave it as it not blocking anything and doesn't cause me any trouble generally.

jimre said:

Yeah, same for me too.

I have a week off work now and the weather is crap for most of it :( Ill have to get the Jato out now instead.

Cyclone said:
jimre said:

Yeah, same for me too.

I have a week off work now and the weather is crap for most of it :( Ill have to get the Jato out now instead.

Ditto... Nice days have been few and far between around here since November... I also spent the week in a cold sweat waiting for the results of an endoscopy as they found pre-cancerous cells six months ago. Biopsy came back clean Thursday and I've been able to finally sleep, since... All in all. Pretty crappy week. :shock: (with a very happy ending) :D

-slinger

I'm grounded not because bad weather, not because of my health, not because my P2V is broken, but because I am taking an exam next week in Las Vegas, Nevada and I need to learn 276 pages of Nevada law in the next 4 days, heck I should not even be reading and responding to this forum.

BTW my P2V is rock steady.

Now back to study!

Geoelectro said:
Good to hear the final news Gunslinger. Just found out my replacement craft is due in Monday.

Geo

COOL ! I hope all is well with it and you're back in the air soon. :D

-slinger

Geoelectro said:
As some may remember I flew my Fantom into a small lake about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I lost the camera and battery. Replaced them and it was flying again but it didn't seem to have the steady lock in the air it once had. About 2 weeks ago I got my Rotorpixal Gimbal and had a couple of test flights. The first in a fairly high wind so the somewhat erratic behavior was dismissed. The next morning in calm winds it again flew badly. Climbing and going off to one side. I decided to take it apart again to inspect it. I found on close observation the shell had a series of cracks in it. I ordered a new shell and in the mean time re cleaned internal connectors and motors. I found some light rusting in the motors BTW. Got the new shell in and put it all back together, calibrated and flew. It was worse! It tried to climb very quickly by itself and Spinning so I ended up crashing it on purpose into a small tree in my yard to keep it from leaving or worse, crashing on the pavement. Lost a prop and one motor came apart! No other damage. So I've been grounded trying to decide my next move.

I ended up ordering a P2V craft only for $499.00. When it comes in I will test it first, and if all is well mount the gimbal/camera on it and hopefully get back in the air!

I suspect water got into the NAZA MC unit and possibly caused some damage that appeared to get worse with time. I may try swapping the MC later to see about fixing the first one. If that works I'll also buy new motors.

Geo

How did you get a P2V for only $499? Was it used? If you're going the buy and replace new motor route the T-Motors are nice. MN2214 version 2.0 which is available on Amazon for $189. The version 2.0 works with well with the P2V self tightening props. The non version 2.0 will still work with them but it takes some effort to screw on and will scrape some of the paint off of the threads but it will still fly fine.

US Hobby was offering a replacement vision copter without the camera, battery or transmitter for $499.00. They also have a vision with camera, (no battery or transmitter) for $899.00. A set of motors and the NAZA module is $350.00. For $150.00 more get the whole thing tested and guaranteed. It may not be the NAZA, I just suspect it may be. Eventually I will fix the old one but right now I need to get flying with my RP gimbal!

Geo

I'm currently grounded until I can get a fix for my receiver antenna...whip has broken off!

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 320

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20