Who has actually printed out their p4p photos?

Reaction score
How's the quality, and what's the best approach in printing it out for display?

I just printed out a bunch for my parents but it was with my P4. They came out amazing.

I shoot everything in DNG and edit in Lightroom. I saved the files as a Tiff and gave the to my gf. She has access to a printer at her work that prints out large posters, etc. She told me she covered the Tiff files to high res PDF, loaded the file onto the printer, sized it for the paper/board she was printing on, and let it print.

Here is a screen shot of a snap chat video I took. They came out amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_3292.PNG
    IMG_3292.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 653
Reactions: gr8pics and tml4191
I just printed out a bunch for my parents but it was with my P4. They came out amazing.

I shoot everything in DNG and edit in Lightroom. I saved the files as a Tiff and gave the to my gf. She has access to a printer at her work that prints out large posters, etc. She told me she covered the Tiff files to high res PDF, loaded the file onto the printer, sized it for the paper/board she was printing on, and let it print.

That's beautiful. Do you have any idea how much it'll cost to print something like the large picture that you have without the girlfriend discount?

I've an Epson Photo R3000, an A3+ format photo color printer and the output pictures are absolute outstanding, as they are with my DSLR camera shot. This printer has also an incredible B&W rendering. I don't print pics frequentely now, but when I need, it's great printer. I use Lightroom and Epson RIP software to print.

Reactions: tml4191
That's beautiful. Do you have any idea how much it'll cost to print something like the large picture that you have without the girlfriend discount?

A lot. lol.

Do you have a Costco by you? Check with them. They have a good photo department. I can send pics of the other pics I had printed when I'm home next weekend if you're interested.

A lot. lol.

Do you have a Costco by you? Check with them. They have a good photo department. I can send pics of the other pics I had printed when I'm home next weekend if you're interested.
There are a bunch of costcos here, but what's the price range of one of them? Is that the best/ lowest priced place that usually does that service? Sure! I saw some real prints a few days ago, and they look amazing in person. It gives it a different perspective.

I've an Epson Photo R3000, an A3+ format photo color printer and the output pictures are absolute outstanding, as they are with my DSLR camera shot. This printer has also an incredible B&W rendering. I don't print pics frequentely now, but when I need, it's great printer. I use Lightroom and Epson RIP software to print.
I might just have to start with something like that!

There are a bunch of costcos here, but what's the price range of one of them? Is that the best/ lowest priced place that usually does that service? Sure! I saw some real prints a few days ago, and they look amazing in person. It gives it a different perspective.

Honestly I'd go in and talk with them. They will have the most competitive prices.

I might just have to start with something like that!

Really, right now it's easy to start with some photo print service. In every country there are good price and quality also for big format. The Epson R3000 is about $600, but it costs a lot of money in ink (9 cartridge x $23 each ...). Then add good quality paper ...

There's quite a bit of front end work that's required before you send out a file to print. There are dedicated printer and paper profiles that influence the outcome of your finished print. Some print houses will offer you their printer/paper profile that can be uploaded to your proofing system in Lightroom or Photoshop. This is the intermediate step that will prevent inaccuracies and thus good money spent on bad results.

In the "Develop" module of Lightroom, bottom left corner check soft proofing, then on the far right panel, once uploaded to your system (google location for printer profile in computer) then choose the profile.

This will render an accurate proof of your print where all adjustments would be made. This is an important step to prevent any wasted ink, paper, or costs to any print house.

The service I use in my country, gives you a color profile (depending on paper type) to preview in Lightroom or Photoshop to easy the preparation process.

+1

Reactions: Kman
I am not sure if this is of any interest, but I am considering creating a short video-tutorial covering the following:

* Processing of a raw image from p4p in Lightroom. The same steps can be followed in Camera Raw
* Adjustment of image for print destination, including paper profiles, gamut, sizing etc. This will be Lightroom-specific.
* Printing
* Medium size matting and framing (70x50 cm)

The two last steps can easily be outsourced (if you do not have the equipment).

This will be a few hours work to produce, so let me know if this is of any use.

Edit: note that it will not be a comprehensive guide, rather a introduction / basics of all steps.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is of any interest, but I am considering creating a short video-tutorial covering the following:

* Processing of a raw image from p4p in Lightroom. The same steps can be followed in Camera Raw
* Adjustment of image for print destination, including paper profiles, gamut, sizing etc. This will be Lightroom-specific.
* Printing

Edit: note that it will not be a comprehensive guide, rather a introduction / basics of all steps.
I would love to see a video covering this for sure,

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
T

* Printing

Tomas,
Sounds very useful. The hardware and software of jumping into drones is overwhelming enough. This would close the loop for the real rewards of purchasing these in the first place.

longlook

Reactions: Tomas Wangen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj