Who else thinks DJi won't allow Litchi to officially release an update for the p4p?

Reaction score
1. Litchi is a direct competition for their incoming DJI goggles. Litchi offers a cost effective way to FPV for about $20. If DJI releases the DJI googles, then it's going to be more than $20(VR)+$20+(Litchi). What keeps pilots from buying litchi and a VR headset instead?

Just some thoughts^

What do you all think?

Last edited:
One thing's for sure, given all the usual teething instabilites of the P4P and new DJI GO 4 software I sure wouldn't want to be the first to use a 3rd party control app... could be an expensive mistake. No doubt everything will get sorted out in time but given that the SDK isn't even available yet I wouldn't be depending on P4P 3rd party app functionality in the immediate future. If that is critical you should probably stick with an earlier model for time being.

1. Litchi is a direct competition for their incoming DJI goggles. Litchi offers a cost effective way to FPV for about $20. If DJI releases the DJI googles, then it's going to be more than $20(VR)+$20+(Litchi). What keeps pilots from buying litchi and a VR headset instead?

Just some thoughts^

What do you all think?

Split screen litchi solution for fpv is not an had solution and that wis not a competition to a good HD goggle.

Once the new apis are released to Litchi, they should be able to come out with future support for P4P and higher.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I see that point but I think it's good for DJI to have a Litchi around because that brings drone buyers have an a great app adds to the enjoyment and ownership of the drone which I think is more important than them selling some goggles

first DJI built a new app for P4P and inspire
That's an interesting point, with a new app they could change the communications protocol and thus break any 3rd party access. But more likely it was simply because the original DJI GO app was getting too bloated (we hope ;) )

Litchi is not a competitor - they are part of the ecosystem and add value. If DJI sold the Go app that would be one thing, but they give it away. Why prevent someone from making a tool that makes your product better? DJI is pretty invested in the ecosystem - very hard to believe that they would make an exception just for this product. BTW, Litchi supports Mavic which is also supported on the Go 4 app.

Reactions: nhoover
Evidently. Yesterday they said nothing from DJI on the SDK and today released a beta. I even emailed them today to ask if it was the real deal..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31