Who else has a Bricked Phantom after Firmware update?

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Phantom 3 Standard. It's basically bricked after the Latest firmware update.

The Phantom 3 is only 3 months old. Has about 6 flights on it. Not knowing that we shouldn't update firmware I did. Now the RC won't connect to the Drone, The firmware won't update, I can't downgrade firmware. Nothing can be done to get this thing running again. The DJI Go App won't connect to the camera, The Go App will link to the controller but not to the P3S.

I took it to the UAV Repair shop and he has 2 other having the same exact issue and he doesn't have a fix.

DJI was also helping me via the Facebook support. They just said "Keep Trying" Trying isn't doing anything. I sent DJI the Log in the hidden folders on the card. I was told again to Keep trying.

DJI Step up the game and come out with a fix.

Please let me know if anyone is having this problem.

I have had a few Standards that bricked after firmware update attempt. Try to get DJI to give you an RMA then send it in to them. If there's not signs of damage, they should fix the problem.

You can try emailing them, chatting with them, and calling them. Sometimes thats the only way to get their attention.

I'm having issues with my Phantom 3 Standard. It's basically bricked after the Latest firmware update.

The Phantom 3 is only 3 months old. Has about 6 flights on it. Not knowing that we shouldn't update firmware I did. Now the RC won't connect to the Drone, The firmware won't update, I can't downgrade firmware. Nothing can be done to get this thing running again. The DJI Go App won't connect to the camera, The Go App will link to the controller but not to the P3S.

I took it to the UAV Repair shop and he has 2 other having the same exact issue and he doesn't have a fix.

DJI was also helping me via the Facebook support. They just said "Keep Trying" Trying isn't doing anything. I sent DJI the Log in the hidden folders on the card. I was told again to Keep trying.

yeah, i had no luck with the other two. i think i tried everything there is to try, reload FW numerous times, debug FW attempt, nothing seems to be
working. so yes, DJI needs to step up and give us a solution because these FW upgrades are getting to be ridiculous.
i would never upgrade DJI's FW again if the bird is flying the way i want it to.

ok, i am going out and get a new P3S and test all components and figure out why is this happening.
it is no coincidence that i got 3 P3 Standard's in, in 5 days that had THE SAME issue. i just can't accept that.
i will report back what i find out.

Reactions: Holmeswake
I'm surprised more people didn't comment on this.

Boxing mine up and sending it back. This will be interesting to see how they handle this.

I assume you did try to relink or rebind the controller to the aircraft after the firmware update

@Holmeswake ,

What is actually "bricked" ?

Phantom powers up, or just beeps?

Status lights on remote and bottom of Phantom?

If green will the remote start the motors?

Rod

@Holmeswake ,

What is actually "bricked" ?

Phantom powers up, or just beeps?

If green will the remote start the motors?

Rod
The RC would not Link with the AC after the Firmware update. Both Power up but wouldn't Link, Wouldn't fly, no camera connection..

Prior to the Firmware update everything was fine.

Bricked.. Meaning nothing more than a brick. Won't move.

The RC would not Link with the AC after the Firmware update. Both Power up but wouldn't Link, Wouldn't fly, no camera connection..

Prior to the Firmware update everything was fine.

Bricked.. Meaning nothing more than a brick. Won't move.

Red or green and what color on each?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj