Who balance there props

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackHawk388
I to also use Dubro balancer.

If memory save me right I got the rod from Atlanta Hobby and the balancer from an outfit in Illinois.
The last batch of OEM props where right on no balance needed.

Last edited:
BenDronePilot,

I have the Dubro too, who did you order the threader balancer from? I don't like the one that comes with the kit.

Thanks

Rchjr

I got my balancing rod well over a year ago from the original guy (based in Europe) who started making them before they started popping up from other places like Atlanta Hobby among others. If you need his contact info I can probably dig it up. Otherwise you can check out Atlanta Hobby I believe theirs is good too.

That video is great info for everyone. Did you see all the vibration during the testing? No wonder the shell cracks around the motor so easy.

BenDronePilot,

I have the Dubro too, who did you order the threader balancer from? I don't like the one that comes with the kit.

Thanks

Rchjr

The best threaded balancer rod I have found is the one I got from Killer RC. It has a polished finish and works the best of the ones I have tried so far.
Using it with a DuBro balancer that I have had for at least 30 years.

If I get some time, I will post a video using my General Radio Strobo Tach that will show you "exactly" what is happening when you have unbalanced props or props that are not tacking correctly. You have to see it to believe how much vibration goes on with unbalanced props and/or blades that are not tracking properly. I will do the video with the bird actually hovering so you can see what really goes on. Even balanced props that are not tracking properly cause quite a bit of distortion and vibration in the arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert and ScottyT
If I get some time, I will post a video using my General Radio Strobo Tach that will show you "exactly" what is happening when you have unbalanced props or props that are not tacking correctly. You have to see it to believe how much vibration goes on with unbalanced props and/or blades that are not tracking properly. I will do the video with the bird actually hovering so you can see what really goes on. Even balanced props that are not tracking properly cause quite a bit of distortion and vibration in the arms.

Looking forward to seeing that. Thanks.

I wonder if part of the problem is the sloppy fit of the new P3 props? The Vision 2 with metal inserts seemed far more precise to me.
With the all plastic props you can just keep tightening and tightening until the thread strips. They don't seem a very good fit at all.

Thanks, I will order from Killer rc. I have read a lot of posts about people having cracks by the screws that hold the motors. Wonder if out of balance props have anything to do with that.

Rchjr

I bought the Dubro balancer about a month ago. My Phantom 3 props were only slightly out of balance, however all 4 needed slight mods the blades and two props required nail polish added to one side of the hub. When comparing the vibration before and after I couldn't tell any difference by touch, however my "feel test" was only at a hover when hand catching. At a higher RPM it maybe be helpful, I'm not sure, but I was disappointed I could not feel any difference by touch at a hover. I'm curious if anyone else can actually "feel" a difference after balancing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik