White strobe lights...

Great question TY.

Although no assistance in LOS is supposed to be used, I think there is a genuine need for that moment when you have the quad 300m away, you look down to frame a shot and when you look back up again you cannot see it (happens all the time to me).

It seems to me there is a need for these, but they would ideally be pluggable into the 11/12v board supply and not require that a PP3 is carried around. Also they must not be night time only things. They must be effective in daytime.

I finally received the strobes. I wired them up in a mock installation. I removed the strobe from the board & wired 2 in parallel per the diagram on their site. Works great! Now just gotta find time to install them. Low amp draw allows wire size of 30 awg I also got a 12v to 5 volt power converter. If anyone does this you can save some $ by buying the led portion of the strobe alone. 2-3 can be ran in parallel of one of the control boards. Super bright flashes!

I finally received the strobes. I wired them up in a mock installation. I removed the strobe from the board & wired 2 in parallel per the diagram on their site. Works great! Now just gotta find time to install them. Low amp draw allows wire size of 30 awg I also got a 12v to 5 volt power converter. If anyone does this you can save some $ by buying the led portion of the strobe alone. 2-3 can be ran in parallel of one of the control boards. Super bright flashes!

How about posting photos on you install the LED..

Last edited:
I installed this on my p2 "litebird" , put it facing the rear so i can run distance tests at night. Helps me fly out a straight line, can see it for about 2 miles at 250 ft
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441126994.423432.jpg

Reactions: Banksy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20