White powder

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Morning just need couple reasons to confirm this,these were new props,obviously not original because they to white,to many sets,I did find the off white originals so they back on it now and flys well, question please did this burr out because it was non dji prop was on one front shaft and one rear,motors spin nice without props on.to much tension on spring clips because the fast wearing 3 marks from spring or prop moving around a lot, I'm about to put 4 new plastic prop locks on incase these are worn
Screenshot_20180629-100831.jpg
Screenshot_20180629-100900.jpg
,,just done 2 flights over water aswell,,lucky

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
And next question is there any difference with these clips,original one say cw 1 on the back and all ones I have say cw 2 on the back but are identical
1530225692703820705719.jpg
15302258712481514988927.jpg

OK I put them on anyway,flys good but I will keep eyes on this now

It’s hard to say exactly why that happened. It could have been poor quality aftermarket props, or it could have been because the three spring tensioners were bent down from repeated use causing those props to be mounted loosely. They do need to be bent back up now and again. I highly suggest you swap out your propellor mounts with DJI’s updated P4 propellor mounting system. They are much more secure and require little to no maintenance.

Here is a video showing the upgrade:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The tool required is a 1.5mm hex. Do them one at a time to assure the proper rotation goes on the proper motor. Don’t overtighten, snug plus just a bit is good. After flying one battery, chech each screw for tightness.

Awsome ,yip have seen these ,I quickly watch the clip and looks simple,I will take you advice and get some,I did change all 4 today with new springs,does fly nice again,been over a year so that not bad,Yeh that's what I was trying to sort out early cause I do keep my springs bent up ,probly to much,have not bent the new ones they had good tension,,thanks again for the vid cause I now not trust these clips.:) forgot I got a phantom set of the hex bits,forgot the other name

And don’t be fooled by the pictures of these mounts on the DJI site - under P4 series accessories. They do come with the springs. They don’t show very well in the pictures though, last I looked...

I Think the stock props noise are sending out a warning......"These are rapidly spinning props are "sharp" and its best to keep clear of them" !
I have read a few story's here about prop cuts....."ouch' what a terrible way to end a days wonderful flights.....getting stitches at ER .

I Think the stock props noise are sending out a warning......"These are rapidly spinning props are "sharp" and its best to keep clear of them" !
I have read a few story's here about prop cuts....."ouch' what a terrible way to end a days wonderful flights.....getting stitches at ER .
Ha yip they warn ok and they hurt good,,this pic failed handcatch, not looking,not thinking,very rookie moment but no crash,,,picture shows cut on thumb , take long time to heel]..now I fly useing left stick as my turning just from not being able to use thumb on the right stick,,,,I delete picture,,,just imagine

Last edited by a moderator:
Ianzone....I sure hated to read and see the picture of the cut...and i sure did * not want to* > " like " < the reply after reading and seeing the cut Ouch !

Ah it all good ,just a stratch, I bet there is worse,let's just say ""I won't do that again""like some always have to learn the hard way,

Update----easy as to install but do have question,does the wide part of spring go to top,,dumb question but sits better that skinny end of spring up under the prop
1531811835341-101888636.jpg
,,,they feel more secure that's for sure,nice and tight,no up and down movement like clips,tight one side with play on the other ,happy now,,

Last edited by a moderator:
U might have them on upside down,
IMG_1531849380.715216.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.