White glare during day time?

Reaction score
For all my photos on the Phantom 4, they always turn out glary when cache to my iPhone. Like to the point there's a huge white area that devours most of the picture and anything you can see is super bright. I rarely take out the memory card and get the photos/videos direct from the source, so I don't really know if that will solve my problems.

But if so how do you get rid of that glare, are there any solutions? Because the iPhone camera can get decent pictures without glare, and usually can get fine details of rocks or trees, so why can't the Phantom 4 which has a larger camera?

I see YouTube videos of drones and they look super crisp. Even for simple drones like the Mavic or P4, they can still turn out great. But what's with the glare, is it only during flying? I haven't spent much time uploading my pictures / videos directly from the memory card, so I don't know.

You are taking the super low quality cache images - their only purpose is to give you an idea of what you've captured. You must take the SD card images, your camera is entirely wasted otherwise.

You should also review your camera settings and use settings appropriate to the conditions.

You are taking the super low quality cache images - their only purpose is to give you an idea of what you've captured. You must take the SD card images, your camera is entirely wasted otherwise.

You should also review your camera settings and use settings appropriate to the conditions.

What about ease of sharing on social media? The cache one is the only way to upload right away.

A friend who is really into drones and has his own drone dedicated instagram account. He told me he goes the extra mile using photoshop to improve his pictures. So if you want to share to social media, you have to take the memory card out and upload via computer?

Well thanks for clearing that up.

What about ease of sharing on social media? The cache one is the only way to upload right away.
A friend who is really into drones and has his own drone dedicated instagram account. He told me he goes the extra mile using photoshop to improve his pictures. So if you want to share to social media, you have to take the memory card out and upload via computer?
The cached image is just what you saw on your screen.
It's a low res image, complete with whatever interference affected it between your camera and controller.
The real image is what the camera records directly to the SD card and it will be vastly better.
If your friend is using the cached image, and trying to improve that, he's wasting his time.

For all my photos on the Phantom 4, they always turn out glarey when cache to my iPhone. Like to the point there's a huge white area that devours most of the picture and anything you can see is super bright.

Probably no bearing on this but do you have the histogram on display.

I have a P3A and use the histogram a lot and helps me to take better pics.

The cached image is just what you saw on your screen.
It's a low res image, complete with whatever interference affected it between your camera and controller.
The real image is what the camera records directly to the SD card and it will be vastly better.
If your friend is using the cached image, and trying to improve that, he's wasting his time.

I saw your photo profile of all those boats. Which is another question how do I make my drone go out further? I see YouTube videos of people being able to make their drones go super far out in the ocean.

Does the location or other factors of the drone matter when it comes to flying distance? I've tried flying in DTLA and I get cut off short. But some parts of newport beach, if I'm on a hill, I can go way far out.

how do I make my drone go out further?
I've tried flying in DTLA and I get cut off short. But some parts of newport beach, if I'm on a hill, I can go way far out.
Lightbridge Phantoms have great range if you fly in a low-interference area - like out to sea.
Not so good in urban areas.

With a memory card reader and a cable, you can copy the images from the memory card to your phone and post to social accounts. The mobile versions of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop would allow you to make quick edits. I've done that at baseball games with the memory card from my camera. You'll get better results taking the time to work with the images on a desktop, but you can get results from editing on mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav