White balance

Reaction score
Is there a way to fix the white on this without affecting the rest of the shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have Adobe Premiere, you can use one of the blend modes (like Multiply) to reduce the overexposure. Other video editors should have something similar in functionality. You'll want to cut the video in timeline so the blend is only applied to the blown out frames.

I'm not sure how much it can help here, the start of the video is pretty blown out.

A ND and/or polarizing filter would have helped. If you have video editing software that will let you use LUT files, then set the video recording to D-LUT with the Sharpening, Saturation and Contrast values all lowered i.e -2 or -3. That will provide a greater dynamic range while recording. The unedited video will look dull, it will need some post processing to make the colors pop.

A ND and/or polarizing filter would have helped. If you have video editing software that will let you use LUT files, then set the video recording to D-LUT with the Sharpening, Saturation and Contrast values all lowered i.e -2 or -3. That will provide a greater dynamic range while recording. The unedited video will look dull, it will need some post processing to make the colors pop.

****.. this just confirms how little I know about editing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have Adobe Premiere, you can use one of the blend modes (like Multiply) to reduce the overexposure. Other video editors should have something similar in functionality.

Thanks for the tip. But if the footage is overexposed to all white pixels, how can any app fix it?

You'll want to start by reading the posts on here about ND (Neutral Density) filters. A ND filter cuts down the amount og
Thanks for the tip. But if the footage is overexposed to all white pixels, how can any app fix it?
Take a look at some of videos when you search Google with muliply blend premiere overexposed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik