Whistle GPS

Reaction score
My dog and I are going on a cross-country road trip with a Phantom 2 Vision+, and I was looking in to GPS trackers for the two of them.

I stumbled across this WhistleGPS, which unfortunately doesn't ship until 2015, but it seems absolutely perfect for the quadcopter and the pup. It's about the size of an Oreo cookie, uses a new low power Sub-GHz cellular network, appears to be fairly indestructible, and the monthly fee is only $5/month. I pre-ordered two. Today is the last day to be able to pre-order the devices for $49. Their retail price will be $129.

I don't know what the forum policy on referral links is, but here's mine. Let me know if it's not appropriate. Thanks!

http://preorder.whistle.com/vijmm7

Are you in the U.S.?

If so, Did they ask you where you live when purchasing?

If you look deeper, Whistle is working with a french company, SIGFOX, as their Network Operator.

This new network isn't even built in the US yet.

Their website mentions:
" WhistleGPS will be one of the first devices on Sigfox’s network in the U.S., which is scheduled to roll out across 25 U.S. cities in 2015."

Otherwise your limited to BT/WiFi 'range'.

All I'm saying is do your research before you buy because the chances it will work in your area in 2015 are slim.

Oh, I know. The pre-orders aren't charged until the items ship, so there's always the option to back out. I'm definitely looking for solutions in the interim.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic