Whining noise coming from camera servo or something

Reaction score
When my P2V (not the plus) is powered on with the motors stopped, it seems that something like the camera servo or some sort of little cooling fan or something is making this annoying whining noise. It's done this since I first got it a little over a week ago.

Is this normal or does it indicate a defect? So far nothing has actually failed to function (camera moves properly through it's entire range), but the noise is annoying and I'm concerned it may indicate that something is defective. If so I want to get a replacement while I can.

I was worried about the same thing. I am a acoustic engineer and strange noises tend to concern me. Does anybody know what is the root cause of the noise? Does the RotorPixel make a similar noise. I would be interesting to know why.

P2V has a cooling fan, try to shut cam. off, then you can hear the fan slow Down and stop.

So you get the same noise with a different gimbal such as the RotorPixel. Noise transfers with the camera?

The noise on mine seems to vary. It almost sounds like the servo automatically trying to make individual gear tooth sized adjustments really quickly based on the accelerometer for stabilization purposes. This happens even when it's sitting on a table. In some cases it sounds like a computer fan that's off balance or has a bad bearing in it. Perhaps I should make a recording and post a link. I could be hearing a mixture of normal and abnormal noises.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20