Which would you have: P3P W323A or W323B?

nil

Reaction score
A simple question. I just got a new P3P and it's the W323A version with the GL300B controller.

I've read everything I can find as to the differences between the W323A and W323B but am asking this: If you could pick which version you would have and why?

Same for the controller. If you could pick between the GL300B or GL300C, which would you pick and why?

I'm trying to decide if I should return my P3P (still unopened) and try to get the W323B/GL300C version.

A simple question. I just got a new P3P and it's the W323A version with the GL300B controller.

I've read everything I can find as to the differences between the W323A and W323B but am asking this: If you could pick which version you would have and why?

Same for the controller. If you could pick between the GL300B or GL300C, which would you pick and why?

I'm trying to decide if I should return my P3P (still unopened) and try to get the W323B/GL300C version.

Why?

From what I've read here and on via other Google searches, the GL300B controller has lower output than the GL300C which makes me think reduced range. I also intend to keep this bird for at least 2 years and if I can get the most up to date version (with supposedly better arm reinforcements for the dreaded cracks) I'd like to have that from the get go without having to deal with having it repaired.

From what I've read here and on via other Google searches, the GL300B controller has lower output than the GL300C which makes me think reduced range. I also intend to keep this bird for at least 2 years and if I can get the most up to date version (with supposedly better arm reinforcements for the dreaded cracks) I'd like to have that from the get go without having to deal with having it repaired.
FYI on some of the long distance tests we have done with our W323B/GL300C combo.
Field Report - Ongoing range testing results for P3P - W323B/GL300C

I've been looking into this a lot recently because I purchased an open box P3P last week and eventually read about changes later on in the production. I realised I had the older version with the older motors and was going to return it but after reading lots of messages on the forums , the general consensus was older was better.
The older the controller and phantom versions the more radio power they kicked out. I've even got the aircraft 1.1.9 fw which is supposed to be a good one. For this reason I won't upgrade aircraft fw. My version is W323 ( not A ) and GL300B although I did upgrade the RC fw to the most recent.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The update version of drone has a longer flight time and is quieter.

The update version of drone has a longer flight time and is quieter.
I recently acquired a second P3P with the 'C' version controller. It came with two new batteries.

I realise this is anecdotal but I found that the only time the new quad has longer flight times is when it is using one of the new batteries.
The curious thing is that my old P3P suddenly also has longer flight times...... with the new batteries.

I recently acquired a second P3P with the 'C' version controller. It came with two new batteries.

I realise this is anecdotal but I found that the only time the new quad has longer flight times is when it is using one of the new batteries.
The curious thing is that my old P3P suddenly also has longer flight times...... with the new batteries.

interesting.

i sold my old p3 with its batteries so could not do caparison.

interesting.
By the way, I was not implying that the new batteries are somehow "better". Simply that they are new. My old ones (5 of them) all have in excess of 55 charge cycles, so they simply don't produce the same amount of juice anymore.

It's the opposite, you have a lucky phantom like me and early buyers. Who has GL300C has less range because of less power.

It's the opposite, you have a lucky phantom like me and early buyers. Who has GL300C has less range because of less power.

Oh, wow. I didn't know they did that to the P3 like they did with the P4.

Oh, wow. I didn't know they did that to the P3 like they did with the P4.

I have had both versions of the controller and they both have done 3 miles out no problem. I don't really see any real world difference.

this is helpful I think:

Quoted from gadget guy in anoth post:

, that otherwise explains the range changes remains to be seen, but they are an accurate predictor of all my real world tests over the last 10 months with five different P3P's and one P4 so far. I have had four W323's and two W323A's and 1 WM330A, and have three GL300A controllers, one GL300B controller, and one GL300C controller. The W323 with the GL300A is by far the best.
The P4 WM330A with the GL300C is by far the worst, and the P4 WM330A has 20% less video power than the W323 P3P, and the GL300C has 20% less control power than the GL300A. Draw your own conclusions, but those are my results.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have had both versions of the controller and they both have done 3 miles out no problem. I don't really see any real world difference.
There are three controller versions, not two, and the GL300A and GL300B both have the same control power. It's the GL300C, sold with the last P3P's and the P4 that has 20% less. Any of the three controllers can be paired with any P3P, P3A, or P4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers