Which vision to buy?

Reaction score
Well just curious to which vision is more durable? I've read nothing bad about the vision 2 but I heard the vision plus 2 gimbal breaks even with a soft landing? Anyone fill me in, thanks!

Pogimoto said:
9 views and no comments lol.. niceeee
Your question is maybe a bit too general?
I would say that neither the P2 or the Vision is more "durable" than the other. I bought the P2 Non-Vision precisely because the gimbal and camera are separate. In the vision if you break either one you have to replace both.

My P2 took a nasty free fall from about 100 ft up to hard compact dirt. Gopro with small dent on face plate, and zenmuse with bent bracket arm. A little re-bending and back in game. I doubt many P2v+ owners could say they could survive that.

What is all the commotion about software update and battery issue with the phantom? I legit just cancelled my order lol, once I read some reviews on Amazon. The review ratings for both the 2v and 2v+ were like 50/50 and all talked about the update and battery problem and dji customer service?

Ignore Amazon reviews.
Spend some time reading posts here and get an idea from people that fly them.
Everything you could ask has been written about here.
And although it can be fragile and you hear lots of reports to the contrary, the P2+ gimbal doesn't always break in a crash.
Several users have posted about theirs surviving unscathed.
I just choose not to crash mine and have been flying it since it was released without incident.

Phantom 2 Vision or Vision + is a great overall package if you want FPV out of the box and a good camera included.
I chose regular Vision because of Vision+ GPS problems with previous revisions, "delicate" gimbal and some other minor things.

I do not regret my choice but I would get Vision + today if I was to do it again.

Not sure how you can crash Phantom, if you fly with common sense and respect for your skills and environment, it is just impossible if you ask me...

I think there's no doubt that the regular Vision is more durable. The Vision Plus gimbal has a bad design around the tilt motor.

If you get a gimbal protector (or two) and fly carefully, the Vision Plus is probably fine. If you're a new pilot, though, I'd still recommend either starting with just a Vision or taking the camera off the Plus to practice flying first.

Well I've been in the hobby for 14 years, been flying airplanes, helicopters, quadscopters that you can say if I flick it into manual mode outside with 20mph gust, that bird will not fly away or crash from me.. But anyways, I just want to buy the phantom with the least most amount of problems, so I know that my money is well spent..

That was my thinking as we'll but please consider this.

Vision plus is now v3. They upgraded a couple of things and for the same price as previous vision plus you get:

- GPS shielding, no more loosing signal when recording videos,
- upgraded motors and ESC' meaning more power and possibly better flight characteristics,
- upgraded controller with built in gimbal tilt knob, battery indicator.

Vision has not been and never will be upgraded in any way.

With Vision plus you get super smooth video and really, don't be that scared you will crash and waste gimbal.. It may happen but in reality if you know what you are doing it is impossible to crash, for me anyway.... Yet...

I don't mind the shakiness and I love the old vision, I consider both of those platforms not proffessional so I don't care. With shakiness I have to be more careful when controlling the quad, it reaches me more skills when flying.

Consider this all. With Vision plus I would be more afraid to fly risky, with Vision I am not, I have more fun. Vision plus has twice the range out of the box, but a bit lower battery...

Decisions decisions...

How do you intend to use it?

I use mine for video and pictures while sightseeing, for fun as well.

I don't mind shaky video although would appreciate gimbal for sure.. I decided not to, however, invest in this model and upgrade some time in the future.

Mine is perfectly fine for my needs at this moment: http://youtu.be/OFfIoXAws14

No anti shake processing added on YouTube but then it was not so windy.

Looking to make aerial video, nothing serious like a movie. But something to capture from places I always wanted to see overhead. I am still leaning more the 2V.

Well, if you want to learn and be forgiven mistakes resulting in minor crashes, Vision will probably be a better choice.

For 300 dollars less than vision plus you get a very nice setup, more sturdy, better battery lifeand for the 300 dollars you can invest in batteries, props, case to keep your equipment etc.

No problem, let us know when you make your mind and what you brought.

Wouldn't a local dealer be a better place to order? Although local dealers are usually out of Vision and stock only vision plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1