Which version is DJI shipping?

Reaction score
I bought a bundle from Adorama Camera on Ebay. It included the Phantom 2 Vision+, a Pro case, a spare battery and a 32 GB memory card.

I called the camera shop Yesterday, and was told that they received these Phantoms on 12-12-2014 and that they are not able to determine which models that DJI shipped them. So, I am unsure whether or not they shipped a V3 Vision.
Does anyone know whether they (DJI) are still shipping V2's or are they shipping V3's?

I will find out today, when it is delivered. I was just wondering.

I would prefer the upgrades of the V3, but not sure, after seeing Frank's issues, and seeing that there are others. Might prefer the V2.

If it's a version 3.0, it says so on the box where the QR code is. IIRC, the v 2.0 doesn't say anything in that regard. I suspect that if they can't tell from looking at the box label then it's a version 2.0

She said it was picked for shipping when she came back to me. So she might not have been able to look at the box. She also might have just been to busy / lazy to look.
Not sure if I want the V3, to be honest after looking at Frank's and other's issues.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32008

There are still V2's for sale, but I wouldn't be afraid of a v3 if I were you, especially a new one with a warranty....

Don't forget, Frank modded his bird and there was no warranty, same with DBS....

LostAngel said:
She said it was picked for shipping when she came back to me. So she might not have been able to look at the box. She also might have just been to busy / lazy to look.
Not sure if I want the V3, to be honest after looking at Frank's and other's issues.

Frank and DBS modified their Phantoms quite a bit. IIRC, Frank even used his original ESCs with the new motors. The other thing I know is that internet forums like this are not really reflective of the overall consumer experience. Definite bias toward mishaps and complaints. I've seen it with many, many electronic items. If you read the Mac forums every time a new iPhone comes out, you'd think that it's the worst, most unreliable mobile phone in the world. Yet is clearly the leader in that particular market segment. It's hard for me to take internet forums seriously.

Maybe it's my years of flying R/C, but I have long reconciled myself to the fact that R/C aircraft crash and I don't let that possibility scare me away from an otherwise fun hobby.

LostAngel said:

As with most any product there are pros and cons from the consumer, However, although the unit you will receive will be under warranty, it will ultimately be your responsibility to prove beyond a reasonable doubt for the most part that should it crash, the crash was because of a manufacturer defect and not pilot error. Having said that, what has been most concerning with the newer Phantom 2 V-3.0 version is the type/gauge wiring used leading from the upgraded motor to ESC.
Crash incidents, as they relate to motor failure have occurred not only to modified versions of the Phantom series, but to the newer stock being shipped and sold such as the V-3 version.

Personally, I believe the best way to address these concerns to DJI is to avoid purchase of the newer version, until such hardware/software upgrade issues are addressed by the company. Steps such as this will undoubtedly send a clear message to DJI, rather than calls and e-mails into the support staff which may go unaddressed.

Skynet1 said:
Personally, I believe the best way to address these concerns to DJI is to avoid purchase of the newer version, until such hardware upgrade issues are addressed by the company. Steps such as this will undoubtedly send a clear message to DJI, rather than calls and e-mails into the support staff which may go unaddressed.
Assuming that there is indeed a hardware defect. We only have internet rumor, suspicion, and anecdote, so far, to support that premise.

I haven't seen the threads you refer to regarding this "sudden unintended acceleration" analog (ESC failure from melted wires) in unmodified version 3.0s. Can you provide a link?

Internet rumor, indeed! you might want to query the forum for recent crash incidents, and reviews offered by the pilots who have experienced first hand the actions of their quad prior to crashing, and further examination of the internals.
Frankly, my statement is nothing more than a personal opinion based on what I've read and photos provided, nothing more, and hadn't intended to prove or disprove what has been documented by those involved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl