which tablet

Reaction score
hi everyone I'm a newby, i have just purchased my first quadcopter ( a phantom 3 pro ) and have had a couple of flights using my i phone 6s, i would like to buy a tablet now to see better so whats the best one to get and does it need gps?.

You can find a list of commonly used tablets here.

Last edited:
hi everyone I'm a newby, i have just purchased my first quadcopter ( a phantom 3 pro ) and have had a couple of flights using my i phone 6s, i would like to buy a tablet now to see better so whats the best one to get and does it need gps?.
Nvidia shield k1 tablet by far the best tablet for $199. It has an hdmi output and gps module with a beast of a processor.

I was using an nVidia Shield K1 but the Android 6.0 upgrade broke the compass and power management. Instead of going back to Android 5, I returned it to Amazon and got an iPad Mini 4. I love the iPad, especially Auto Pilot for DJI on the iPad.

Nvidia shield k1 tablet by far the best tablet for $199. It has an hdmi output and gps module with a beast of a processor.
hi, i bought one but find watching what iv filmed i get a refresh line running down the picture every couple of seconds but on my i phone 6s this doesn't happen, do i need to alter the setting on my tablet ?

I was using an nVidia Shield K1 but the Android 6.0 upgrade broke the compass and power management. Instead of going back to Android 5, I returned it to Amazon and got an iPad Mini 4. I love the iPad, especially Auto Pilot for DJI on the iPad.
hi, is it a cellular iPad ?

You just bought the best 350mm drone available. If you want the best display, the iPad Air2 with 64GB and cellular support is the best IMHO. I've never had an issue. It's the largest display you can fit into the RC display clip. BTW, you'll want to buy the Inspire aluminum RC display clip, if you want the best, it's stronger, wobbles less.

Last edited:
iPad Air 2 with the inspire mount, very good combination.

You just bought the best 350mm drone available. If you want the best display, the iPad Air2 with 64GB and cellular support is the best IMHO. I've never had an issue. It's the largest display you can fit into the RC display clip. BTW, you'll want to buy the Inspire aluminum RC display clip, if you want the best, it's stronger, wobbles less.
This the pad I have and not one problem, I purchased a Nushield DayVue screen protector and makes viewing in sun much better.

iPad Air 2 without question. If you plan to use IOC get a cellular version. I was in your shoes not very long ago and followed RHPs advice. I recommend you stay away from a mini as the extra screen really helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20