Which tablet do you use

Reaction score
which is the best tablet to use with the p3 I've used the Nexus 7 II , and Samsung tab 4, but both pixelate when viewing videos in the replay mode with the new all 1.1.8, however if I use my iPhone 5s it's perfect.

I have an IPAD Mini 3 which I recently got from Staples for $100 off. It is amazing. Screen is gorgeous and works great for the flight simulator. I hoping the weather is better today so that I can take it out for a flight.

Hi I have purchased a Nvidia tablet, I haven't received my P3 yet so can't test result, however I do believe its quite popular for use with the Inspire 1, maybe due to its fast processing power.

I'm useing an asus meno Pad 7 It seems to be working good for a $119 android tablet.

I have an IPAD Mini 3 which I recently got from Staples for $100 off. It is amazing. Screen is gorgeous and works great for the flight simulator. I hoping the weather is better today so that I can take it out for a flight.

How did you get the $100 off? WiFi Only or the model with cellular also?

I'm new to this world of quads and FPV. I'm trying to decide between the ipad air and ipad mini. I know its only a .30 gram difference weight wise between the two, but does that little extra weight make a difference when flying for long periods hanging of the end of the remote? and are your tablets set up with a data plan for live maps?

I have a iPad 2, which unfortunately doesn't work with DJI app...I am thinking of getting the iPad mini 3 also, with a data plan for live maps…anyone using this set up, if so how is it? I was also thinking of using the Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0) but leaning towards iPad mini 3…Any opinions here? Also how does it work when you download maps if you don't have a data plan?

I have a iPad 2, which unfortunately doesn't work with DJI app...I am thinking of getting the iPad mini 3 also, with a data plan for live maps…anyone using this set up, if so how is it? I was also thinking of using the Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0) but leaning towards iPad mini 3…Any opinions here? Also how does it work when you download maps if you don't have a data plan?
Buying a tablet with a data plan just to cache maps is unnecessary and ridiculous. Just cache them over your home network before you leave for your flight. Poke around the forum, you'll find a lot of useful info.

I will be getting the iPad Mini 2 here shortly on T-Mobile. The iPad Mini 2 is EXACTLY the same as the iPad Mini 3 except for the Touch ID. I have a hard time justifying paying an extra $100 just for Touch ID. That's almost thew price of another P3 battery.

T-Mobile gives you 200MB free per month on your Tablet so that is more than enough for caching maps and stuff.

Reactions: woobisah
Hello everyone. New to this forum and just got my P3A. I've performed the update and all is well except I haven't purchased a compatible tablet yet. Still scouting the pre-own market for an iPad mini 2. In the meantime I've connected my iPad 4 and everything seems to work except for fit in the holder which I've managed to find a temporary rubber band fix (literally). I've gone through the flight test with props off and it seems to work fine. However before taking her up for a maiden flight I thought it best to check in to see if anyone had successfully flown with the iPad 4. Can't seem to locate any posts on this and i certainly do not want to entertain any mishap. Please advise if you have or heard of the iPad 4 being used.
Thanks

Hi I have purchased a Nvidia tablet, I haven't received my P3 yet so can't test result, however I do believe its quite popular for use with the Inspire 1, maybe due to its fast processing power.

Hey Folks, can someone tell me a very affordable android tablet that will work on my P3A. Just got the bird and ......

For those who are interested, I've contacted DJI about using the iPad 4 and their initial respond was not recommended saying that the telemetry information etc. may not be correct. When I explained that all I was trying to do is a test flight without relying on the app information i.e. I would only rely on the app for visual and limit my flying to under 10 mins. to be safe. They then confirmed that it would be fine and that flight control via remote is not in anyway controlled by the tablet/app which is all I wanted to confirm. So I did take a less than 10 minute test flight and everything (telemetry and video) seem to work perfect even though I did not attempt to use the RTH or auto launch feature via the app. Since this first flight earlier this morning I've picked up an iPad Mini 2 and all is good. Bottom line is it seems that an iPad 4 works but is not recommended and this could well be due to the tablet holder but DJI did not elaborate.

Buying a tablet with a data plan just to cache maps is unnecessary and ridiculous. Just cache them over your home network before you leave for your flight. Poke around the forum, you'll find a lot of useful info.
Thank you bbfpv…I did some research on it and you are right…better to just cache maps at home…i just ordered the Nvidia Shield from amazon…I heard it works great so gonna give that a try.

Thank you bbfpv…I did some research on it and you are right…better to just cache maps at home…i just ordered the Nvidia Shield from amazon…I heard it works great so gonna give that a try.
No problem. I'm using the Shield, it's very nice.

For those who are interested, I've contacted DJI about using the iPad 4 and their initial respond was not recommended saying that the telemetry information etc. may not be correct. When I explained that all I was trying to do is a test flight without relying on the app information i.e. I would only rely on the app for visual and limit my flying to under 10 mins. to be safe. They then confirmed that it would be fine and that flight control via remote is not in anyway controlled by the tablet/app which is all I wanted to confirm. So I did take a less than 10 minute test flight and everything (telemetry and video) seem to work perfect even though I did not attempt to use the RTH or auto launch feature via the app. Since this first flight earlier this morning I've picked up an iPad Mini 2 and all is good. Bottom line is it seems that an iPad 4 works but is not recommended and this could well be due to the tablet holder but DJI did not elaborate.
Hi Charles how did you download the Dji pilot app into the iPad 4 I have tried and it tells me it's not compatible

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4