which setting S1 should i practice manual flying (no gps)

Reaction score
Hi guys

ok i want to practice manual flying (no control of GPS) or others.
all i want is to practice my thumb fingers to fly it for stability and controll

which settings will i set it?

thanks

Re: which setting S1 should i practice manual flying (no gps

akonisiya said:
Hi guys

thanks

You want FULL MANUAL CONTROL? Go into Assistant. Enable NAZA mode. Enable IOS. Set down position of S1 to Manual. Exit software. I trust you are a good pilot?

In manual mode, the craft WILL NOT right itself, as you add roll, it keeps going (able to do a loop if you want). Practice LOW, over soft grass or sand/plowed earth. Landing is a bear. Use a LIGHT touch on the controls.

Keep in mind that when you switch to manual mode, the throttle will instantly drop (and so will the Phantom). Be prepared and give it some positive climb (up on the left stick) as you throw the S1 switch down. Releasing the throttle to neutral will cause an immediate descent.

It ends up being HIGHLY responsive and controllable, and is FUN to fly, but operator error is NOT forgiven. If you are losing control, just through the S1 switch back into ATTI or GPS mode.

Good luck.

If you have never flown a manual copter I suggest you do some research on this whole idea... there are great tutorials out there on YouTube dealing with normal 3D flying that get the point across about how to approach controlling the sticks and responding to the feedback from the quad.

If you're even remotely thinking this thing is gonna hover or play nicely because it's a Phantom you will be taken completely off guard... flying in manual will increase your odds of a crash by 100 fold if you're not ready for what's about to happen...

Good luck :ugeek:

akonisiya said:
Hi guys

thanks
Why ? How many times have you flown one of these before ? Guaranteed if your new a this , your going to f it up. If your a experienced heli pilot I apologize. But if your a newby learn how to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik