Which range extender?

Reaction score
I noticed several options for sale - two piece, one piece, full length. Most are 3D printed but Taco RC has a one piece made of aluminum. How does the reflective tape hold up? Would it be worth getting the aluminum one for durability?

The title of this post was "which range extender" but you are talking about gimbel protectors???? Of course the aluminum one is more durable and one installed you can forget about it. No proof that they work but those that have had really hard landings will swear by them. Up to you and your pocket book. They will all do the job.

Reactions: bobmyers
The title of this post was "which range extender" but you are talking about gimbel protectors???? Of course the aluminum one is more durable and one installed you can forget about it. No proof that they work but those that have had really hard landings will swear by them. Up to you and your pocket book. They will all do the job.
Anything is better than what comes standard-- Everyone will crash to varying degrees at some point. :):)

Where have you seen gimbal protectors which are aluminium with reflective tape?

I noticed several options for sale - two piece, one piece, full length. Most are 3D printed but Taco RC has a one piece made of aluminum. How does the reflective tape hold up? Would it be worth getting the aluminum one for durability?
Made my own...from beer cans...easily flying 8000' from flat Florida ground.

Attachments

• 20151114_211209.jpg
    20151114_211209.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 802
  • 20151114_211311_HDR.jpg
    20151114_211311_HDR.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 560
I like the two piece set for wind surfer because it's easy to fit in my backpack. The one piece unit doesn't. I've had no problem with the reflective tape. I can fly out two miles, no problem. Great value.

Made my own...from beer cans...easily flying 8000' from flat Florida ground.

That's awewome! A for ingenuity! A+ because it's beer cans!!! I just ordered a plastic setup, but wish I would have seen this first!

Be sure to check your windsurf antennas on a vswr. Some designs can actually send some of the signal back toward the controller and can cause damage over time to the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31