Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Chopstix Kid

KevMo Photog likes this.
  2. KevMo Photog

Polar Pro's new cinematic collection looks pretty sweet to me! It's got the 16,32, and a 64 for extremely bright days! Has a gold look to the frames! I also have their set with a CP, a 4, and an 8. Ordered a set from Taco whoever that had an 8,16, and a 32. Stay away from them. My inside grommets came out of them the first time I put them in. Thank God for now the glass is staying in them. But the build quality of the Polar Pro's is way better than Taco! I use 16 and 32 the most. But it's great to have 4 thru 32 at times!
    BTW, you won't use the CP much I wouldn't think. I have heard that it's too obtrusive on IQ I think.

3. Chopstix Kid

Thanks for the input. For what I plan to shoot, I think ND8-ND32 will meet my needs but PolarPro doesn't offer that combo. So either way I'll be buying a stand alone filter. The "Vivid" kit filters are also PL. I'm reading a lot about filter stacking. The "Shutter" kits filters are not PL. Thoughts?

4. Chopstix Kid

I think I found the answer to my own question. Since I can't actually stack them on a P4, I'm likely going to needs both filter types. I think I'll start with the polarized set first and if my needs grow, I'll get some non-PL filters.

Phantom-Four likes this.
  5. Phantom-Four

PolarPro has released a little chart to give you some guidance when trying to decide which ND filter strength you need:
    [​IMG]

Chopstix Kid likes this.
  6. yannicksjh

Also looking to order a set, do I need to order a set that is polarized?

7. Phantom-Four

It depends. If you don't do any post processing then see how you like colors better outside, with polarized (non-tinted) sunglasses or without. If you do your own post processing and color grading then non-polarized is usually more convenient.