Which OSD are you guys running?

Reaction score
Looking to add OSD. I see iOSD is a popular option. I suppose all I need to purchase is the iOSD module and the can bus?

What are YOU running? Care to add positive/negative aspects of your choice?

Running a Phantom v1.1.1 with naza v2.

Yes for iOsd mini you'll need the iOsd module and either a pmu-v2 or an upgrade board with mod for canBus.

The iOSD's main benefit is it's made by DJI and pulls it's information straight from the Naza so you know exactly what the flight controller is seeing: number of satellites, flight mode, home direction, etc.

There are lots of other OSD options and even some that can decode the Naza data, most are cheaper than the iOsd mini. I've only used the iOsd mini though.

ElGuano said:
Yes for iOsd mini you'll need the iOsd module and either a pmu-v2 or an upgrade board with mod for canBus.

The iOSD's main benefit is it's made by DJI and pulls it's information straight from the Naza so you know exactly what the flight controller is seeing: number of satellites, flight mode, home direction, etc.

There are lots of other OSD options and even some that can decode the Naza data, most are cheaper than the iOsd mini. I've only used the iOsd mini though.

thanks!

I assume the pmu-v2 is the more economical way (vs. board change)?

Howzit said:
ElGuano said:

thanks!

I assume the pmu-v2 is the more economical way (vs. board change)?
Actually they cost about the same ($60-70). The pmu is heavier than the upgrade board, but the upgrade board needs some delicate soldering to expose the canBus connection (manageable but you should be comfortable with an iron). Dewey put together a great video on this site showing how to do the upgrade mod.

ElGuano said:

+1 another vote for Iosd mini - like ElG stated it gets info straight from NAZA - the only thing(s) I would like to see changed is:

A) meters to feet (the option to change)
B) more accurate height measurement at low level. (when on the ground sometimes says +2 meters - it's a barometric thing)
C) a more compact design

Other than that it rocks!

If I have the Naza-M v2, do I still need the the PMU? This video seems to suggest that the NAZA v2 does not need it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztIht-yh1M[/youtube]

You still need it for canBus. The video is probably suggesting that a retail Naza-m v2 comes with the pmu. Our phantom Nazas do not as the voltage regulator function is on the mainboard.

iOSD Mini for me too, just fitted a few days ago, i wish it would turn red or flash large when it gets to the warning stages of battery and distances etc, sometimes i just don't notice it.

Also would like to get the speed in MPH or KPH instead of meters per second, although i rarely look at it anyway.. :roll:

+1 on a larger battery warning and switching to MPH.

Highly recommend stripping it down to save weight and mounting inside.

Attachments

• iOSD.JPG
    iOSD.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 494

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1