Which one can help me

Reaction score
desperate to find as nice as FC that I can new in the box perfect , if you have a idea please share

You really should be able to pickup an FC40 for $200 by now... but you cant... . Far as I can see they just aren't available anymore.. I'm kind of annoyed that DJI doesn't offer an entry level drone... take a look at Walkera, they have a quad model 250, comes w camera, etc... for between 2-3 hundred...

Wow, just out of curiosity I cruised ebay for FC40s and they're $700-$800 new! Nuts! A P2 with 3-axis Zenmuse is $699 now!

P3 Standard Edition = New FC40 = $799

Same 5.8 GHZ frequency
WIFI Extender built into remote.
2.7K camera

Thinking to sell 2 of my FC40's and upgrade, but that proprietary battery:rolleyes: I cannot see paying $150 for the extra battery.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
yeah im thinking of selling mine...it's actually in the thread behind this one, was wondering how much it would get being modified a little

P3 Standard Edition = New FC40 = $799

Same 5.8 GHZ frequency
WIFI Extender built into remote.
2.7K camera

Thinking to sell 2 of my FC40's and upgrade, but that proprietary battery:rolleyes: I cannot see paying $150 for the extra battery.
I second that sentiment Beario. The propriety battery is a deal breaker for me as well. I'm more than happy to keep my FC40, P1, SJ4000 & SJ5000+ cams and 6 batteries now as well as all the mods to the quads such as FPV. I just can't justify spending nearly half the price of the quad just to have a couple spare batteries. I think when I'm ready to upgrade I just may see what I can whip up on my own.
BOT

I second that sentiment Beario. The propriety battery is a deal breaker for me as well. I'm more than happy to keep my FC40, P1, SJ4000 & SJ5000+ cams and 6 batteries now as well as all the mods to the quads such as FPV. I just can't justify spending nearly half the price of the quad just to have a couple spare batteries. I think when I'm ready to upgrade I just may see what I can whip up on my own.
BOT

There is no way they can justify that price for that battery. At most it should be $49.95, thats a Beario Smart Battery price:) They have systematically made all of their quads use their batteries, which leaves you completely tied to their company. In previous models, those smart batteries were not so smart bringing down birds for no known reasono_O At least with the P1/FC40, you had the opportunity to use various brands of batteries with different capacities. My upgrade options are still open. We will see what changes.

There is no way they can justify that price for that battery. At most it should be $49.95, thats a Beario Smart Battery price:) They have systematically made all of their quads use their batteries, which leaves you completely tied to their company. In previous models, those smart batteries were not so smart bringing down birds for no known reasono_O At least with the P1/FC40, you had the opportunity to use various brands of batteries with different capacities. My upgrade options are still open. We will see what changes.
I'm with both of you 100%

At first when I bought my FC40 about a year ago, I was envious of the P2+.. but owning it this time and seeing all the easy and great upgrades, I'm seriously thinking this is the way to go.

I LOVE that I can buy additional batteries, in different sizes and makes, for very cheap.. I couldn't imagine paying $100+ for a battery...

Lovin my FC40 - I have a gimbal on its way, and i can't wait till it gets here.

I guess if you want the flying times of the P2, the easiest course of action is transferring the guts of your FC or P1 into a P2 shell with a 3D printed battery door. Space for a 5200 battery and still all the cool and cheap upgrades for the earlier birds. ETA: just bought a P2 shell from B&H for $59 w/ free shipping and a Shapeways (Brian Self Design) 40mm battery door. P1.5 here we come!

Last edited:
I'm with both of you 100%

At first when I bought my FC40 about a year ago, I was envious of the P2+.. but owning it this time and seeing all the easy and great upgrades, I'm seriously thinking this is the way to go.

I LOVE that I can buy additional batteries, in different sizes and makes, for very cheap.. I couldn't imagine paying $100+ for a battery...

Lovin my FC40 - I have a gimbal on its way, and i can't wait till it gets here.
Hi Mikey,
Your gonna love having a gimbal. I was amazed at how much more stabilized it made the video. I use the Walkera G-2D for my quads. I go for the cheaper plastic model. For about $70 it just can't be beat IMHO and should it fail or get banged up it's cheap enough to replace. If you need help getting your gimbal operational there's tons and tons of help and references here on the forum.

Yeah, I'm loving my P1 & FC40 but I'm not married to DJI. If the prices for the batteries would come down to around $50 like Beario suggested I'd probably pop for a P3. If they don't I'll have learned enough from my P1 & FC40 to attempt to build my own Hex or Oct but I still have a LOT of life left in my P1 & FC40.
BOT

I guess if you want the flying times of the P2, the easiest course of action is transferring the guts of your FC or P1 into a P2 shell with a 3D printed battery door. Space for a 5200 battery and still all the cool and cheap upgrades for the earlier birds. ETA: just bought a P2 shell from B&H for $59 w/ free shipping and a Shapeways (Brian Self Design) 40mm battery door. P1.5 here we come!
Is this easy enough to do (change to P2 shell)? Or lots of internal wiring and such?‎

Is this easy enough to do (change to P2 shell)? Or lots of internal wiring and such?‎

It should be relatively easy. Shell should be here Monday or so, so I'll get working on it during the week.

Here's a pretty long (48+ min) video of the transplant.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
It should be relatively easy. Shell should be here Monday or so, so I'll get working on it during the week.

Here's a pretty long (48+ min) video of the transplant.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey thanks for this... this looks like a great upgrade!! I've been wanting two batteries but just can't stand the look of placing batteries on the exterior of the craft. Maybe this is next year's upgrade for me... I just bought a G2D and also an SJ4000... thanks again.‎

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers