Which monitor should I buy for my Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have been looking for a monitor for my Phantom 2 but I don't know which one to choose or if i should choose the googles. Can someone give me a preference please and a site where i can buy it. :D

There are so many choices, depends on your budget you can spend $25 for a basic TFT 7" LCD, and a Fatshark 600mw TX an UNO5800 RX another $150 for that.
Or buy one of the Monitor receiver combos for $225 to $300. Personally I use a very nice Small HD AC7 OLED monitor, (a bit overkill but I already had a bunch of SmallHD stuff) with the UNO5800 RX and fat shark 600mw TX
I've never tried googles and don't think I'd like them as I like to look both from ground view and airview.

One thing that is important is to get a monitor that's specifically designed for FPV. Most modern monitors will go to a blank blue screen when the signal strength is poor, while a proper FPV monitor will continue to display whenever image remains, through static, and that's what you want to happen. Eg it's best to avoid the cheap monitors that are sold for watching DVDs in cars for that reason.

Personally I prefer to have a separate monitor and receiver (I have an 8" "Feelworld"-branded monitor which works very well), but many people like monitors such as the Black Pearl, which has a built-in receiver. There are pros and cons to both.

Another thing to consider is how you're going to mount it. My personal preference is to have it on a camera tripod beside me while I'm flying, but many people like to attach the monitor to the transmitter, in which case having a light-weight monitor becomes important.

Banggood.com has some pretty good deals if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for shipping. I bought a 7" Skyzone with diversity receivers for $150 shipped.

Black Pearl. Mainly because everyone I know uses it. :lol:

I haven't really looked into other monitors, but the BP pretty much has battery and receiver built in so it's a few less things to charge or carry around. Plus the battery is swappable so it can be replaced like a cellphone battery which is really great if the battery life (roughly an hour) is not enough for you. :lol:

Places I'd look at: Classifieds, eBay.

Since my eye sight is not as good as it use to be, I thought I'd be smart and just received a 10" Pyle monitor and also just learned about the blue screen problem I will likely have with it (dang it!) So now I'm sending it back and trying to decide between a Lumnier 10" or go for a 7" Boscam with rec and battery self contained for about the same price. I already have Boscam 832 Tx/Rc on the way. I like the big screen though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4