Which iPad mini are you using?

Reaction score
Ordered an iPad mini 16gb wifi only from JLP, to use with my P2V. However, I have just read else where, that the original iPad mini is not upto the job, due to its old A5 chip causing video lag.

So just after some feedback from those who are using an iPad mini, which version are you using (iPad mini original or iPad mini retina), what's your experiences with them?

Obviously I don't want to go unpacking it and find the one I have ordered isn't upto it. I'll have to save some more pennies, if I have to get the Retina version!

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks Geert for your reply. What I do need to know now, is anybody using the original iPad mini (non retina model), as that's the one I ordered and may have to return it, if it's going to cause issues with video lag.

Geert said:
Hi,

I am using an iPad mini Retina 16 gb wifi only, I bought it just a few months ago.
Very happy with it, no issues.
The video lag/ screen freeze I had recently was coming from the new DJI app, nothing to do with the iPad mini Retina.
I reversed to version 1.0.32.

Geert.

Geert:

How are you finding the retina display in bright sunshine? I'm torn between the standard screen and the retina... but if the retina handles bright light better, it's worth the extra bucks to me...

Thanks
-slinger

Bump.

Is anybody using the first generation original iPad mini without any issues, or are you all that have one, using the new Retina iPad mini?

I need to know ASAP please.
Thanks.

Geert said:
gunslinger said:
Geert said:
Hi,

I am using an iPad mini Retina 16 gb wifi only, I bought it just a few months ago.
Very happy with it, no issues.
The video lag/ screen freeze I had recently was coming from the new DJI app, nothing to do with the iPad mini Retina.
I reversed to version 1.0.32.

Geert.

Geert:

How are you finding the retina display in bright sunshine? I'm torn between the standard screen and the retina... but if the retina handles bright light better, it's worth the extra bucks to me...

Thanks
-slinger

I think there is no difference in bright light, so for that reason you shouldn't spend extra money.
I bought a Hoodi for my iPad mini. This works very well.. I can see every even in bright sunlight.

Geert.

Awesome... thanks for the response and the info on the hoody. That's the way I'll go... (You saved me a few bucks there... :D )

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.