Which GoPro do I need.

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2. Which GoPro is compatible with it? I was looking at used GoPro Hero 4 but not sure if I need that or a Hero 3? Which is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Phantom 2. Which GoPro is compatible with it? I was looking at used GoPro Hero 4 but not sure if I need that or a Hero 3? Which is compatible

The P2 3D H3 and H4 are compatible. I would suggest the H4 as it has more functions.

Depends on which gimbal you have ?

It Depends on your gimbal Hero 3s run using the H3-3D and Hero 4s run using the H4-3D

HX = X denotes the Gopro Hero Series
H3 was made for the Hero3 and H4 was made for the Hero4.

There is 4 variants in the Zenmuse Gopro gimbal range.
H3-2D is a 2 axis with 30pin rear port (obsolete - new remotes with side tilt dial may not work on newer firmware).
H3-3D 1.0 is a 3 axis with 30pin rear port
H3-3D 1.1 is a 3 axis with side USB
H4-3D is a 3 axis with side USB

You can use a H3-3D 1.0 and 1.1 with a Hero4 with slight modifications.
Both 1.0 and 1.1 require neutral balancing (use a coin).
Both will need the padded tape for the wifi button clearance (stops it activating in mid air).
If you want to use the GoPro H3-3D 1.0 via the rear 30pin port, find an LCD bacpac and playback a file on the gopro. This will activate the rear port.

The H4-3D uses the same hardware as the H3-3D. The only difference is that its balanced/weight for the Hero 4 and have made more clearance for the Hero4 side button.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31