Which FPVLR Antennae to purchase?

Reaction score
As the topic says, I am little confused, after reading many topics and posts, which FPVLR Antennae to purchase.

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3d and Gopro 3.

My FPV system is the Helipal Storm All-in-one Premium. http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php ... 7B50%7D199

It has the Boscam TS352 Transmitter. 5,8 ghz and 500mW.

It has the Lilliput 664/P Monitor with built in receiver.

All help shall be appreciated.

Pacific Barbarian said:
As the topic says, I am little confused, after reading many topics and posts, which FPVLR Antennae to purchase.

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3d and Gopro 3.

My FPV system is the Helipal Storm All-in-one Premium. http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php ... 7B50%7D199

It has the Boscam TS352 Transmitter. 5,8 ghz and 500mW.

It has the Lilliput 664/P Monitor with built in receiver.

All help shall be appreciated.

Your best bet is to contact Tony at [email protected]

You will NOT figure it out from his website but he is really helpful via email.

Thank you, I have done so, cause you are right, I could not figure it out from the web page nor posts on here that I have read. Thanks again.

Pacific Barbarian said:
Thank you, I have done so, cause you are right, I could not figure it out from the web page nor posts on here that I have read. Thanks again.

Tony builds a great product but hasn't figured out to set up his website in a manner to educate people enough to make a purchase.

Pacific Barbarian said:
Ok then just to give an update, I am in communication with Tony via e-mail now.

This is what he suggests for my setup, if it can help others. http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106

take a look at this stickythread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22736 your transmitter is listed on it. granted there's a small typo, but what style connector does it say your transmitter has?
now let's look at your antenna link, what style connector does it list for the transmit antenna?
Do they sound compatible?

I'm actually having a ***** of a time googling what kind of antenna connector that Lilliput monitor has. I can tell it's SMA (as opposed to RP-SMA) but I've spent 15 minutes searching and still can't figure out if it's male or female. You'll just have to use the stickythread I linked above and figure out if it's male or female, and double check that the FPVLR bundle you get has the right receiver antenna gender. Tony is really good if you're clear what equipment you have, getting you the right connectors. I would recommend you request straight connectors on both receiver antennas.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like that Lilliput is a diversity receiver, so you'll only be able to use one antenna at a time.

Pacific Barbarian said:
Thanks for the above, and yes, Tony is very helpful so far.

The Lilliput monitor can only accommodate one antenna at a time, so with the bundle you have a choice which one you want to use, suppose depending on application?
correct. honestly in a low-interference environment you'll often only need the pinwheel. I've had mine out to 600-700m and it's been fine.
In high interference/urban environment I have to use the helix.

Pacific Barbarian said:
Then for thre Phantom Remote RC, he says this is needed. http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=107

And looks like I will need this to make it work on the Phantom Remote RC. http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=101

both of those are true, indeed. I'm attempting the same mod because I like to fly over the city and I only get about 800m max with the stock RC before I lose control... however are you aware how difficult the mod is? the connector on the RC mainboard has adhesive all over it and it is SUPER easy to damage the connector when removing the adhesive. I ruined the first one I attempted and haven't tried again yet, lucky I had a backup RC I'm using. my point is modding that RC antenna isn't exactly easy. go VERY carefully.

Oh, I did not know that! I thought you had to just mod the cable onto the antenna, and that the connector on the end of the cable will then connect in place of the stock RC antenna?

unfortunately that is not the case. take a look at this video and yes, it's 40 minutes long, the bulk of which is him cleaning off the adhesive. I skipped around a bit but like I said be SUPER SUPER careful when you're taking off the adhesive... I farked up the first time and loosened the connector and it completely cut out during flight on me and I had a scary RTH situaiton that I couldn't get out of because I couldn't regain control, luckily I was able to catch the Phantom before it landed in a bad place.

fwiw, you may want to consider having a backup RC in your possession if $25 is in your budget. I found this auction on Ebay from DSLRPros for the DJI DJ6 RC (the 2.4Ghz non-Vision model) http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-DJ6 ... 1317566049
in case I **** up again when I re-try the transmitter mod... like, worst case you just bind to the new controller and at least you can keep flying right away and not have to wait for parts

you're welcome mate. good luck!

Thanks once again. Tony has indeed been very helpful and patient and I will be getting the setup from him and attempt the RC Mainboard connection, sometime......with the help of the youtube video!

Thanks to all who has been helpful on here, especially QYV !!!

Be careful when you order anything from overseas and getting it shipped to SA.

I ordered the Stage 2 kit from Tony a while back and paid a lot of money to get it to South Africa via express shipping.

Now the SA Post Office is on strike and and my very expensive antennas are apparently lying between 1000's of packages from overseas in JHB.

Not even tracking numbers can tell you where it is.

Wonder if and when I will ever get it????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues