Which filters do you use?

Which filters do you use the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
In trying to decide which filters and filter sets to offer on our website, I thought I would ask for your help. Which filters do you use or desire?

Do you use the polarized filter? Or would you prefer another ND instead?
I find that I rarely use the PL
I've only used the 4 and the 8 . I have the polarized one but haven't tried it .
Am just starting to play with filters . :)

I've only used the 4 and the 8 . I have the polarized one but haven't tried it .
Am just starting to play with filters . :)
I've used the polarized a little, but plan on using it more this summer at the lake. I would like to try a star filter for night pix.

Reactions: dirkclod
I wish I had seen your site as I just ordered another holder for the Inspire holder for my other TX and yours is way cheaper .
What I would like to see is a Lens cover that's big enough for the slip-on Polar Pro's so I wouldn't have to remove them every time .
That's a pain .I see them for the other 2 but not the standard and where those clip to the gimble hits the cables coming out of the gimbal .

I have not noticed any with with the Hoya. Then again I wouldn't expect any from a $120+ filter, would you? I don't skimp on filters. I don't see it making sense to put a cheap $20 filter in front of my $1800 lens. Lenses are like link chains. Its only as strong as your weakest link.

I also have, from my old Minolta 35mm days, color changing filters. Yea, thats right, they change colors when rotated against a polarizer. Wicked cool kit for doing B&W photography from the 80's and I haven't seen them since. Not sure what use they would be in video today.

In the old days I carried two of the color changing filters, a polarizer, and a variable ND. 4 filters that literally replaced a dozen plus.

What is the diameter of the slip on filter and I'll make you one?
I will have that give ya that in a little bit . I have one like this but to small with the filter on . IMG_4210.JPG You can see where those cables coming out of the gimble would give me a problem .

Thanks, I'll try a variable filter.
I used to play a lot with the old Cokin system in my 35mm days. (Back when you had to wait for the film to be processed to see if you had to go back and re-shoot)

I will have that give ya that in a little bit . I have one like this but to small with the filter on .View attachment 44825 You can see where those cables coming out of the gimble would give me a problem .
We have lens covers/camera locks for the Standard, but I'm not sur if the opening is large enough to accomodate the filter, but I can make one that does. ;)

Thanks, I'll try a variable filter.
I used to play a lot with the old Cokin system in my 35mm days. (Back when you had to wait for the film to be processed to see if you had to go back and re-shoot)

Here are the two color blend from decades ago.
2016-02-23 17.53.18.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20