which do you use Fatshark V2 camera.. or Gopro Camera

Reaction score
Quick question on setting up the Fatshark V2 Predator on the Phantom 2
I have my Fatshark and am waiting on my DJI Gimbal. I was thinking use the FPV for a while and set up the gopro 3 in a few weeks after a good breakin on the Phantom.
Have any of you use the Fatshark camera for a while before you used video from the gopro?

Why not hook it up and use it? You have to wait for the gimbal to arrive to use the GoPro anyways...might as well get your usage out of the camera now because once that gimbal is on an the GoPro is attached, you'll likely end up using it exclusively. Unless you decide to go the camera switching route and wire both up.

I actually think I will hook the fatshark up and use it for a while. I think my gimbal will be here tomorrow or Monday hopefully

I went with the Attitudes, so didn't get an extra camera.

But I wouldn't have used it anyhow.
- by going thru the GoPro, you see exactly what the camera see's, allowing you to frame things (especially when you tilt the camera in any way).
-by viewing thru the GoPro, you can also verify the GoPro settings, the fact that is IS recording, plus it gives you a little bit of a timer on top so you roughly know how long you've been flying (provided you start recording just before taking)
- weight is always something to avoid, so by nixing the extra camera, you gain a bit of flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj