Which device do I choose? Or should I?

Reaction score
I'm having a dilemma right now. I'll be getting a Phantom 4 Pro soon and I am looking at tablets to go with it. I'm not a big Apple guy but I heard those work the best with the DJI Go App. However, I do have a Motorola Smartphone with the latest OS on it (Droid Maxx 2) but can't find any reviews with the two together. Only the Droid Maxx with the P3. So I'm a little nervous about using a $1,500 drone with a possible glitchy phone. Decisions, decisions.

I've been pricing the iPad Mini's and the iPad Air devices. I've even been pondering the iPhone 5s. I want something with GPS capabilities even though I heard most people don't use the GPS option.

I may just try the Motorola and hope for the best but if it doesn't play nice with the P4P then I will need some better options to choose from. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I started out with my iPhone and found the screen too small. I now fly with an iPad Mini 2 celular using a Hoodman and like it a lot.

I'd suggest you try your phone first before jumping up.

SB

Well, I just got a heck of a deal on eBay for an iPad Air 2. Paid $125 for it with $15 shipping. I've been seeing these go for around $180 - $250 so I couldn't pass it up. I'll more than likely use it for other things like Facetime since I have family in other states and they all have iPhones so this will be nice for that as well.

And according to the device compatibility list it's recommended by DJI and Phantom Help.

I am definitely not an IOS fan, but I have tried both android and IOS, and no doubt my ipad mini is the best, you only need a cellular version for some very limited flight options. The mini2 and 4 would be good choices.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj