Which compass to buy to replace on Phantom 2

Reaction score
I see there are two different compass part numbers:

DJI-PHV-12

DJI-PHCOMP

Are they the exact same compass with different legs or are they different compass'?

I need to replace mine as I had a failure and it got RED hot. I was doing a calibration, and the assistant kept throwing the temperature error. I didn't think anything of it but now I know what the culprit was. I need to replace and want to buy a couple.

It's perhaps worth noting that a high temperature warning when doing an IMU calibration is entirely normal, and doesn't indicate a fault.

HarryT said:
It's perhaps worth noting that a high temperature warning when doing an IMU calibration is entirely normal, and doesn't indicate a fault.

+1

The only difference in the parts linked in the OP is the legs that come with them:

DJI-PHV-12 - Includes the P2 legs with the little foam feet

DJI-PHCOMP - Includes the P1 legs with no feet

HarryT said:

I know its normal, but not every time you do a calibration and not within the first few seconds. I had noticed that in the last couple of times I have done it. Never actually touched the compass, but it was obviously going bad for awhile, until it completely kicked the bucket today.

OI Photography said:
HarryT said:

+1

The only difference in the parts linked in the OP is the legs that come with them:

DJI-PHV-12 - Includes the P2 legs with the little foam feet

DJI-PHCOMP - Includes the P1 legs with no feet

Thanks, I will order the phantom 1 as it is quite cheaper. I don't really need the foam feet, I have so many sets of legs its not even funny.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20