Which Circular Polarized Antenna is best?

ianwood said:
I guess I am "hung up" on the relative simplicity of it just being a bent up wire hanger from the dry cleaners.

Hahaha.... I completely get that.... you can make a perfectly good antenna out of a wire coathanger as long as the wire lengths and angles are as perfect as you can make them.

For real world comparison, well as I say, I've got a box full of cheap ones that are useless and a relatively expensive one fitted; I know I'm not the only one. The proof is in the pudding, I get far better results with the more expensive hardware than I ever did with the cheaper chinese antennae. A quality hand built antenna clearly will cost more than mass produced rubbish. I'm sure if you have a flick around on google you can find the data you are after or you could just contact the antenna guru himself (http://fpvlab.com/forums/member.php?67-IBCrazy)... he seems pretty helpful from posts of his I've read.

There is masses of info out there about this. As I said in a previous post, you will find the odd cheap ones that are perfectly suitable however I think in general, most cheap ones aren't.

skeeter said:
Does anyone know if the stock DJI AVL58 Tx antenna is RHCP or LHCP? Or??

I ask because I have a Lilliput 664 that has a female Rx antenna port and the DJI AVL Rx antenna is female also. I'd like to avoid an adapter if at all possible...

I can confirm that they are LHCP. I purchased a set with my avl58 and they work great. Not stoked on the short length of the tx antenna so I ordered the bluebeam RHCP set as an upgrade.

After receiving the blue beam, and still waiting for the RP sma adapter to fit to the TX. I flew it with using the cloverleaf from DJI on the TX and the blue beam on the Skyzone goggles along with a helical. It did work and went out about 500m with no problems.

After the flight I took one of the caps off the DJI clover leaf to find it actually is a LHCP but the manual online labels it as a RHCP. With the stock antennas, the furthest I flew was 1200m. I am hoping to get more range with the helical and bluebeams plus less dropouts with the longer stem on the TX antenna, allowing it to hang low with no obstructions.

Hang low with no obstructions...

But the bluebeam TX antenna is longer than the P2's landing gear. Therefore, how do you set the P2 on a flat surface for initialization and take off with the long, low hanging, unobstructed bluebeam tx antenna?

Venege said:
Hang low with no obstructions...

But the bluebeam TX antenna is longer than the P2's landing gear. Therefore, how do you set the P2 on a flat surface for initialization and take off with the long, low hanging, unobstructed bluebeam tx antenna?

I'm sure it sits off at an angle

I love the Blue beam ultras that ibcazy makes. I have 2 sets so I can use two of the mad mushrooms now.

JPriami said:
I love the Blue beam ultras that ibcazy makes. I have 2 sets so I can use two of the mad mushrooms now.

I've heard so much about the blue beams. I am using a really sexy looking circular wireless helical. I ordered a pinwheel for the tx from FPVLR.com. I didn't realize he makes them so i'm still waiting for mine. I'm sure the pinwheel is quality. Heard a lot of good things about his antennae.

I dont know why you'd have to side mount these. Here is mine.
20140423_220846e_zps9244108b.jpg

JPriami said:
I dont know why you'd have to side mount these. Here is mine.
20140423_220846e_zps9244108b.jpg

Hey bro, nice clean set up but why do you have the Mad Mushroom on the Tx. Care to shed some light ? Do you get better reception now that you use them both on the Tx and Rc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.