Which case for a Phantom 2 Vision?

Reaction score
I have the toughcase and just love it. I cut out a little area for my Ipad Mini and modified the area for the transmitter to hold the Ipad stand, have extra TX batteries and also hope to hold my WIFI modification once I have that completed. Plenty of room to do just about anything

pinfish said:
I have the toughcase and just love it. I cut out a little area for my Ipad Mini and modified the area for the transmitter to hold the Ipad stand, have extra TX batteries and also hope to hold my WIFI modification once I have that completed. Plenty of room to do just about anything

thanks for the info. I'm going with the Toughcraft

summitwynds said:
pinfish said:

I purchased the Toughcraft and really like it. It is a quality case.

I have the tradecraft case and it is fantastic. I had to make slight modification to foam to make the transmitter fit in perfect with the phone holder mounted in the correct position. Very easy to trim for perfect fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 602
summitwynds said:
pinfish said:

good choice
I love mine

That's the position many mount the holder, but it's not the position suggested in the manual on page 7.
I prefer the lower mounting point so you have less eye relief between the two.
14vision said:
I have the tradecraft case and it is fantastic. I had to make slight modification to foam to make the transmitter fit in perfect with the phone holder mounted in the correct position. Very easy to trim for perfect fit.

havasuphoto said:
Don't laugh-but I use one of these tubs for my Phantom, remote, monitor, and it also doubles as my Helipad;
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20966380?...13606790&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=38015932630&veh=sem

It's a large Rubbermaid Tub. Everything fits easily. And, when your out in tall grass/sand/rocks, you place your aircraft on top of the closed container and take-off and land on that...no dust or any other issues.

A little tough to fit in the overhead compartment of the plane though. ;)

havasuphoto said:
Don't laugh-but I use one of these tubs for my Phantom, remote, monitor, and it also doubles as my Helipad;
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20966380?...13606790&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=38015932630&veh=sem

It's a large Rubbermaid Tub. Everything fits easily. And, when your out in tall grass/sand/rocks, you place your aircraft on top of the closed container and take-off and land on that...no dust or any other issues.

summitwynds said:
havasuphoto said:

Yep.....but it fits fine in the back of my SUV ;)

Skipholiday said:
That's the position many mount the holder, but it's not the position suggested in the manual on page 7.
I prefer the lower mounting point so you have less eye relief between the two.
14vision said:

Good point but I use a samsung note 3 and it makes access to the antenna and repeater more difficult. I am assuming you use a smaller phone such as iphone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31