which cable pack to get for fpv/avl58/iosd mini ?

Reaction score
http://www.empirerc.com/dji-phantom-2-v ... -7835.html

This package appears to have a variety of cables that could be used.
But can't tell for sure what number of pins each one has.

Trying to set up my P2 bird which has
avl58
iosd mini
fpv hub
gopro hero 3+ black
zenmeuse h3-2d

The FPV hub comes with all the cables needed to connect all the components you listed. The pack you linked to is for the P2V anyway, most if not all of those cables would only work on that.

The FPV hub instructions show how to connect it all, but here's a pic that might help clear it up:

a6514418-74-board-connection.jpg

Thanks. That does make it much clearer.
I found that helipal does have the gopro usb cable so I ordered one.
As the iosd comes supplied with the can-bus connector, do I also need the four pin connector on the hub as well?

You won't need the USB cable for the gopro, the video and power connections are already part of the Zenmuse gimbal.

The canbus connector on the iOSD mini is where it gets the data from, but you still need the 4-pin connection to the fpv hub so it can put that data on the video feed.

I just had a look at my system more closely.
In the photo above, it shows a four pin connector going from the hub to the avl58.
On mine, it is like a 6 pin.
In the package with the iOSD mini was included a four pin cable but only one end had a connector.
I am assuming this is what I need to connect to the hub to make things work?

Will this connector work?
http://gravesrc.com/jrp04882-jr-dmss-rg ... 300mm.html

Suwaneeguy said:
I just had a look at my system more closely.
In the photo above, it shows a four pin connector going from the hub to the avl58.
On mine, it is like a 6 pin.
In the package with the iOSD mini was included a four pin cable but only one end had a connector.
I am assuming this is what I need to connect to the hub to make things work?

Will this connector work?
http://gravesrc.com/jrp04882-jr-dmss-rg ... 300mm.html

Look closely at the picture above and you will see that the cable going to the AVL58 has a 6-pin connector on the transmitter end, but only 4 wires going in to it. That cable came with the FPV hub and that is the one you need to use.

For the iOSD mini, the FPV hub also came with a 4-pin to 4-pin cable just like the one you see in the picture above. That cable is the one you need to use for that.

You do not need the cable that came with the AVL58, or the cable that came with the iOSD mini. ALL the cables you need came with the FPV hub.

All of the wire harnesses that come with the DJI hub kit are all that is needed to interface everything to the P2 and the gimbel. It will all need to be mounted on theoutside of the P2 body as the hub kit cables are too short to mount the iOSD mini and the cambus inside of the P2 body. If you decide to mount the iOSD and cambus inside, then the hub kit and wires are not utilized.

Gary E said:
All of the wire harnesses that come with the DJI hub kit are all that is needed to interface everything to the P2 and the gimbel. It will all need to be mounted on theoutside of the P2 body as the hub kit cables are too short to mount the iOSD mini and the cambus inside of the P2 body. If you decide to mount the iOSD and cambus inside, then the hub kit and wires are not utilized.

Yes everything came with the hub but they are a bit short was planning to fit everything inside exept the avl58 but the cable from the hub to the avl58 is short and I can't do it.

Would have been nice if there was an option... Anyway is there any cable like that , that I can get?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav